GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Exactly, plus since I wear mine for hours at a time it would be nice to have a nice new one again lol.

Do you do endurance racing or? Longest I wear mine is 30 min or so. The car starts to get a bit hot after that, hoping the oil cooler that I'm putting on will help a bit.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Do you do endurance racing or? Longest I wear mine is 30 min or so. The car starts to get a bit hot after that, hoping the oil cooler that I'm putting on will help a bit.

Yeah Endurance Racing. :cool: Usually 1.5-2 hours at a time for me (Green car does 1.5, White car does 2).

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
We should go to the 24 hours of Daytona in January, eh?? Always talked about it with Blaine, I think I'm gonna go this year.

Also, what is more fun to race, the white or the green?

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
We should go to the 24 hours of Daytona in January, eh?? Always talked about it with Blaine, I think I'm gonna go this year.

Also, what is more fun to race, the white or the green?

Never been, always wanted to go, supposedly it's a super good time.

Honestly as silly as it sounds, they're both probably pretty equal in terms of fun factor, for totally different reasons. The white car handles very very well, and will out brake just about anything, but only has 136hp :lol:

The green car, well.... it's a 911 :lol:

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
That's awesome, do you change your driving technique a lot to make the brakes last that long?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Not at all. The 944 goes most of a season on brake pads. Probably 4 full events (open practice day Friday, 9 hour race Saturday, 9 hour race Sunday.) before they're ready to change. The 997 usually gets through the 9 hour race with enough pad to use for the test sessions, so we swap em out after the race and keep the spares.

When we ran the 997 at Daytona for the 14 hour race we had to do a pad change around 12 hours in.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Not at all. The 944 goes most of a season on brake pads. Probably 4 full events (open practice day Friday, 9 hour race Saturday, 9 hour race Sunday.) before they're ready to change. The 997 usually gets through the 9 hour race with enough pad to use for the test sessions, so we swap em out after the race and keep the spares.

When we ran the 997 at Daytona for the 14 hour race we had to do a pad change around 12 hours in.

come onnn lets goooo, who else wants in?

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Anyone get anything cool for Christmas? My GF got me a nomex balaclava so if I catch fire I'll still have a face :lol:

Also got some sweet knipex pliers.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Anyone get anything cool for Christmas? My GF got me a nomex balaclava so if I catch fire I'll still have a face :lol:

Also got some sweet knipex pliers.