GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is RSMark5 working on now!?

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Alright well, now the fun begins.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Alright, well wanted to clean the car one more good time before some stuff started to happen.

Painted the grill black. Seems more aggressive. The grill was the only bit of chrome on the car so who knows. Its my broken project grill. I have 2 other chrome ones if I do not want. I really want to cut out the OEM horizontal slats and replace with honeycomb. Got an idea how to do it.

Yeah fitments not great since a couple tabs are broken.

Still working on the paint, but parts of it are amazing for 20 year old paint that has not been well cared for.

So over the last week I've ordered

JT 3" catless downpipe.

JZW Stage 3 tuned ECU. I bought a whole extra ECU to play around with.

Pretty cool because he's building me an ECU from the wrong car to fit in my car. See the 93 9k's had a unique ECU. Its capacity is 128kb, all the T5 years after 93 have 256kb capacity. My 93 ecu (T5.2) is EXTREMELY rare to get a hold of, and a lot of times brick during flashing. I didn't want to risk it so I wanted to keep it factory and use a 94+ ecu (T5.5). So all that, a custom tune and an entire ECU thats mine to keep was only $300.

Forge FMDV004 Diverter valve.

KYB GR2's

And B&G springs

Unfortunatly for now it seems I'm going to have to cool it here for a while. Car will be cranking about 303bhp 335tq on the stage 3 tune which is unfortunatly about the limits of my stock Sachs clutch. So thats all thats happening now. I'm not even able to use that T3/T4 yet. I swapped out injectors for some volvo green tops (32lb vs 28lb for saab) to increase where the fuel cut is so I can run ~22psi of boost. I'm still using the stock Mitsu TD04-15T for now. Debating whether or not to sell that T3/T4 because I'll only be able to produce ~360whp with it. Once this round of mods is done and I can go through the rest of the car, to replace what will inevitably break from all this power. I'd really like to take it above 400whp. So I'm looking at using a Holset HX35W to get me where I want to go. Its a bit larger than I want, but I can get one for $200 and rebuild it for another $150 rather than shelling out $1,400 for a GT3076R which would produce about the same power. (but with greater efficency and less lag).

Heres a holset next to a TD04

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
So I got the B&Gs in finally (3 week wait), and got a little spare time to put them on. Not a huge drop only 1.5" but it really just eliminated the wheel gap, and tighted the whole car up. Also replaced the worn out dampers which really made the car ride fantastic.

Spent an hour or so lining up the hood properly finally and getting the whole front end to fit nicely. I'm going to have to swap headlights with the other car though the passenger side headlight still has some issue.

Wheel gap compared to the CSE

Installed the Forge DV and CAI. True definition of filter on a stick here. But it eliminated the stock air box and has much more surface area to draw in air. Kinda cool that the stock placement is in the drivers fender just behind the headlight.

So the only thing left on this round of mods is the exhaust and to install the new ECU. I'm waiting on an SLP resonator and a couple other things for the catback section. Yeah, I know SLP...haha.

The downpipe was kind of a disappointment for me because its not as pretty as I would hope, AND its not 3" the whole way to the turbo. It reduces to 2.75" just before the bend starts. I was like WTF!!! Then noticed....

The water pump is 5.25" away from the exhaust flange on the turbo. So, probably no way to get a 3" and the bend in there. Oh well

Finally result according to the tune should be 303bhp, 341tq.

So whats left? Well lots. So stay tuned.

tylerandreas

Banned
Car(s)
07 VW GTI
If I could pee on your Saab I would.

Ok, that was a lie. Looks good for a grandpa car. ;)

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Needs wider wheels/tires soooooooon. :wub:

Yeah, it does. But its really Function>Form build though. I'm trying to keep 225's, and the front track is 1.25" wider from the factory. The steering/handling is really incredible for a FWD car. I'm hesitant to change that. :frown:

Ya dude :thumbsup:

Thanks Andy! :w00t:

Thanks man:thumbsup:

If I could pee on your Saab I would.

Ok, that was a lie. Looks good for a grandpa car. ;)

Lol Thanks! :headbang:

Sicktred08fsi

Banned
Car(s)
K04`d B6
Love this thread!!!!

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
So, I still have the pair of saabs. The red saab is in need of some TLC as I really have done nothing but beat on it day in and day out. I finally got the A/C to work, but ONLY the A/C. Some reason it blows full blast cold no matter the temp outside, or the temp of the engine, or the temp you set the climate control module. So maybe heater core has been bypassed? Maybe the climate control module is bad? Air speed/temp sensor?

But anyway, so in the past couple months,

I've removed and replaced a gm 3800 series II from this Grand Prix.

Owner delivered the car with its very own parts car. The parts car looked perfect, till we went digging and noted the underside so rusty that rockers and frame supports were rusted completely through. The car picture is the owners car a 2 door that was in disgusting shape. So we swapped interiors out seat, carpets, headliner, dash, console, pretty much everything as well. I didn't take pics, because c'mon its a grand prix. Who cares?

But then we had to get rid of the parts car and we didn't have wheels, or a way to attach them. So this was our plan.

Then I blew out the whole fuse box welding. Long story, but we had to replace our garage panel

(Pops showing us what to do, we were clueless)

Then got a 8th gen Si to come in. Owner did a 5-2 gear change and motor came apart around 12,500 rpms.

Told him, if you're going to replace it why not do a K24 swap? He went a step further and did some research and decided doing a K24 bottom end, with a K20Z3 top end, z3 oil pump, injectors, rail, HG spacer, intake spacer, boomba mounts, and a bunch of other bolt ons.

New block pretty much just bare. Just the head sitting on it.

Me and Spears getting a lesson from his Pops

And pretty much assembled.

And back in.

Some where in the process, I bought this heap. I gave $500 for it hoping that I could get the engine running. Heard it breath a bit of life but shut it down to inspect. Pulled the plugs and started doing a compression test on it. But before doing that, pops who wasn't there but yelled at us over the phone insisting that before we put the compression gauge on it, turn the motor with out a plug, or the tester in place and see what happens. Well on cylinder 1 it shot a 20' stream of water through the spark plug tube. FAWK.

So, tested the compression anyway knowing at least the HG was bad. On a couple cylinders on the right bank it was @ 10lbs. So...no bueno. Thats not gonna work.

Out comes another one. Its a dodge 5.9 360ci throttle body. Nothing remarkable. Spears' younger brother though has loads of parts to one because his 'race truck' is a 5.9 base thats been punched and stroked to a 406(?) and makes 621hp as of the last dyno. So I'm tempted to throw a hot cam and some ported heads on it.

Got another 360 for it waiting to in it any day. Its a junkyard unit that checks out great out of a 02 ram with only 88k miles on it. The durango itself has 278k miles on it. Instead of just tossing it in, even though it was running swell I thought I'd freshen it up a bit. Noticed some seapage around the valve covers, and the oil pans have to be swapped since the durango is a little different for 4wd to the 2wd ram pan. So ordered all new Fel-Pro gasket set, Bosch water pump, Champion plugs, Bosch wires, cap, rotor, pretty much planning to do it right so I can use it as a tow pig. Thats as far as I've got with that one.

Bought this 4 wheeler for $50. It looks like a TOTAL POS but its an 06 Suzuki LTZ 400 with a big bore kit extended a-arms header pipe, muffler so on and so on. So replaced the starter clutch, got a battery for it rode it around twice, Sold it for $750. Never washed it or replaced that tire.

In the mean time, this was given to me.

Its a 90 Dodge Dynasty LE with the 3.3L V6. Clean inside, decently rust free, and until the starter locked up on us it ran great after sitting since 07. The previous owner handed over the title if we could have it out of there by the weeken. So fresh battery, gas, oil change and she started right up with a little coaxing (starter fluid). Odometer stopped @ 146,000 but the previous owner states " theres at least 50k more". Whatever. It was free.

Yeah, its dirty on the outside but I think that single stage white paint will really clean up nicely. I plan on refreshing it bit, bringing it back to life and selling it. Maybe have some fun with it in the mean time? Its odd but the wheel bolt pattern is 5x100 with 57.1mm hub. So I really need to track down some VW wheels slam it, and go full hood rat.

Forgot to add Spears' pet project the rustang. Its got a 302, trick flow heads, E303 cam throttle body egr delete GT40p intake. Recently just put a Pro M Maf, its an 80mm maf and totally programable. Before was using a POS A&L maf that pretty much tricks the computer to work for your injectors (only 24lbs). Anyway his brother as a Christmas present got his car tuned for him while he was in town. It put down 282whp and 37(X) w tq. Need to get some tires and send this sucker down the strip come spring time.

Thats what OMM has been up to lately. Spears and I have been busy. I think I got a couple interesting things coming up so maybe I'll keep this updated a little better.

Last edited: