GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

xbox 360 or ps3?

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
Don't know much about video games. just mostly play sports games. just sold my ps2 and all my games. ( havn't used it in a while)

want to start playing a little bit, should i go for the 360 or wait on the ps3?

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
ps3 is coming november 17th according to wikipedia. any idea how much it will cost? I'v always had playstations, so maybe i'll just go with the ps3.

obviosly the 360 will have a dramatic drop in price.

laserjock

Autocross Newbie
ps3 is going to be $600. i've got a 360 and am happy with it. ps3 will have a blue-ray dvd player.

360 should be coming out with an HD-DVD add on.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Grab the 360 now. Unless of coarse, you can wait and compare. I know the 360 is pretty sweet though. I plan to compare myself. But when I left the PS2 and went for the regular Xbox it was one of my best gaming moves to date. We'll see though. It's going to take a lot for me to leave my Xbox gaming community behind. Actaully, I'll have to get a 360 as well. Halo 3 will be coming out soon and there's no way I'm going to pass up beating that game.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
I have a 360 and I have both a regular Xbox and PS2. You will be soo happy with the improvement to 360. As said above the PS3 will be about $600 probably (money may or may not be an issue for you) and 360 might drop in price aaround the holidays.

The other thing is that Sony is releasing like 5 million units worldwide and then nothing more till after Christmas. I didn't get my 360 till March, and that was literally the first time I could just got to a store and pick one off the shelf. So basically it might be next spring till you get one.

Lastly, there will be sooo many more games for 360 by the time Ps3 is out. Like you, I play mostly Sports/racing games. NCAA 07 is sick mental nasty, Madden is gonna be the same if not better. NBA 2k7 is supposed to be groundbreaking, as well as NHL 07 with completely re-designed skating physics.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
I think the 360 will drop in price all by itself. It's just the way electronics work. The PS3 release may help it though. But I know Bill Gates already said he is ready for the PS3 release and has his counterstrike ready. Not to mention. The 360 was made/designed to be upgradeable to be even much better than it is now. Just in case any secrets are released that make the PS3 or any gaming system better. It's basically a PC and you will be able to upgrade the crap out of it. That's why PC games are now being released onto the Xbox 360 (F.E.A.R. and others).

bilbos

On the Kop
I would have a hard time justifying $600 to myself for a games system.

I stewed over paying $400 for the 360. It was definitely worth it though.

The PS3 may be a good second-hand purchase, but that will take a lot of time.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
my take on this whole next gen console thing is this

go buy a 360 now and dont worry bout the PS3...atleast until after the holiday season after u see what kind of launch the PS3 has

the 360 wont be droping in price come the holidays....MS has already said it cant afford to do it so soon in the consoles life as they already lose over 120$ per console they sell...they will have other ways on combating the Wii and PS3 this holiday season...like platium hits for 360 and HD-DVD player

the PS3 will be a very nice console once it gets here...but from all ive seen there wont be a huge difference graphicly or anything over the 360....the only real good thing the PS3 has going for it are its mainstream titles that will only appear on the PS3...like Metal Gear Soild and Gran Turismo among others

If u play mostly sports games u really arent giving anything up by going and getting a 360 over waiting for the PS3...u actually only gain cuz u can go to the store and buy a 360 right now and play all your sports games along with some other real nice titles that the 360 has out now like Prey and Elder Scrolls...not to mention titles that are coming out soon and all the xbox live arcade titles that are already there

now for me i already own a 360 and i will be buying a Wii this holiday and those will be my only next gen consoles atleast until X-mas of 2007 when the PS3 has had time to settle

btw for a side note...u might wanna look into the Wii...do some reading...if u are an old school gamer from the Sega and NES days then u just might think about picking up a Wii along side of your 360 or PS3...plus who cant say no to a nice innovative controller!

sorry for this being so long...but i love games and love to talk...lol

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
i say PS3 cuz they're alrdy working on Gran Turismo 5 and that bad boy is going 2 b incredible. i have PS2 and Xbox, i'mthinking of getting 360. but then should i throw the Xbox in the car? we'll c.

Dude123

Oval Champion
PS3 > XBox360 > Nintendo Wii > XBox > PS2 > Gamecube > PS > Nintendo 64

Clear and simple.