GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

xbox 360 or ps3?

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
i would think table tennis is boring. maybe i'll rent it from blockbuster or somethign to try it out first.

--- BTW - i met carlos beltran and carlos delgado @ landmark diner in manhasset / port washington sat night! ( saw your mets avatar! only way to go)

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
Bad hare said:
yeah, i don't see myself leaving the house, outside of work. lol.

i am def picking up tiger woods.. i just need to learn how to play it, before i start playing you guys.

kirk, what other games do you play?

-- need for speed sounds good, too.

going to best buy again tonight. DMAN IT!! tiger woods and need for speed or pgr3 it is...

Haha well im glad i could help u out bro...i love seeing people excited to play something new and cool

i would say the very first thing u should buy is a router or a wireless adapter so u can get on xbox live...xbox live is where its at on the 360....that way u can play others online and also get access to the marketplace to download game demos(Saints Row Demo :headbang: ),xbox live arcade titles,gamer pictures,themes and all sorts of other really cool videos and stuff....also just so u know your 360 comes with a 1 free month of xbox live Gold....in order to keep that Gold account u either need to sign up using a credit card or go buy a xbox live starter kit for the 360...i think they cost like 60$ but u get a year of Gold and some other stuff

After u get your internet for the 360...then i would suggest checking out xbox live arcade and the Marketplace...there are some pretty pimp games on the arcade like Marble Blast Ultra,Street Fighter II,Galaga,Uno and lots more...plus old school Pac-man comes out tomorrow...the only thing u need to get the arcade games and other Marketplace stuff is either a credit card or a Marketplace Points card

Ok so for games that u should check out...well if u are into sports titles...of course Tiger Woods 06,NCAA 07,Fight Night 3,NBA Live 06 are just some of the better sports games out right now...but there are titles like Rockstar Table Tennis which is a fun game but frustrating alittle bit into it...Top Spin which is a normal tennis game its fun but alittle more "advanced" which isnt for everyone

For non-sports titles check out...Prey,PGR 3,BurnOut Revenge,Full Auto,Call of Duty 2,Condemned,Ghost Recon,Kameo, and last but not least Elder Scrolls Oblivion....i know u said u dont like RPG's but u might find this one interesting...plus its beautiful to look at on a HDTV

Also i know in one of your last posts that one game only ran in 480...well ALL 360 run in 720p....so 2 things u need to do to make sure that u can run the HD stuff is...the cable that goes from the 360 to the tv has a little switch on it on the part that plugs into the 360...u need to make sure that switch is set on HDTV....then once thats done u need to goto the last blade on the 360...i belive it Settings and u need to goto Display and then in there make sure u have it set to either 720p or 1080i whichever u prefer...then u should have a awesome HD picture when play your games...some are better than others but all should look real good

well man sorry for these long posts...but when it comes to game i love to talk...lol....if u need anything else just post it up

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
freek, thanks a lot. i did everything you said in reference to the HDTV set up. only thing is, on the back of the game box, (fifa world cup) - it says that it can only be played up to 480. didn't say 720 or 1080. i dunno why.

- i have a whole network ( wired & wireless ) in my house that i set up. my parents re-did the house, so the electrician put cat 5e in every room. ( like an outlet). so all he has to do, is finish the basement outlet, and i'll be on xbox live in no time!!!

btw- i appreciate your long posts!! thank you.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
Bad hare said:
freek, thanks a lot. i did everything you said in reference to the HDTV set up. only thing is, on the back of the game box, (fifa world cup) - it says that it can only be played up to 480. didn't say 720 or 1080. i dunno why.

- i have a whole network ( wired & wireless ) in my house that i set up. my parents re-did the house, so the electrician put cat 5e in every room. ( like an outlet). so all he has to do, is finish the basement outlet, and i'll be on xbox live in no time!!!

btw- i appreciate your long posts!! thank you.

not a problem man...love to help when i can

thats interesting about the FIFA box...is it for the 360?...cuz looking at xboxs website...its shows that FIFA 06 for the 360 supports 720p...here take a look :FIFA 06

yea man u need to tell that dude to hurry up and get to work on the cat5 outlet...i need some online time with Tiger before i move and dont have internet anymore :laugh:

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
alf said:
now tell me why my xbox360 only plays shit in black and white

umm...have u tried switching TV's and seeing if its not your tv?

if its a 360 problem then i would call xbox and see what they have to say...it should still be under warranty...i think the 360 comes with a 1yr warranty

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
Freek said:
umm...have u tried switching TV's and seeing if its not your tv?

if its a 360 problem then i would call xbox and see what they have to say...it should still be under warranty...i think the 360 comes with a 1yr warranty
nah not under warranty. console is, extremities are not. its the AV cord.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
oh well

Alf dont be cheap go out and buy a set of A/v cables for the 360...i think they are liek 20$ from gamestop or something

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
Freek said:
oh well

Alf dont be cheap go out and buy a set of A/v cables for the 360...i think they are liek 20$ from gamestop or something
nga if they so sheap buy me some