GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY: Diverter Valve Change - tips

Ony

Ready to race!
I changed my dv today to a revD. My stock one looked okay minus the fact that it came out in 3 pieces.. Is it supposed to fall apart or was it broken? Anyway, the car feels better now :)

mcpot

Slave to speed
Car(s)
07 GTI
I took mine out for inspection today because I get a hiss on boost. Damn thing came out in 2 pieces so I took it the rest of the way apart, cleaned up the oil vapor then slapped it back in. It falling apart on removal seems normal though.

razr

+50 hp spark plugs
I took mine out for inspection today because I get a hiss on boost. Damn thing came out in 2 pieces so I took it the rest of the way apart, cleaned up the oil vapor then slapped it back in. It falling apart on removal seems normal though.

i did the same lol. nothing wrong with mine but it is the diaphragm version so im just gonna go ahead and order the rev d.

PooLeArMor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 CW GTi
just changed my DV today on a car jack and it only took me about 20mins to remove and reinstall.

i found out then it will be easier if u reach in ur socket wrench from the pass side control arm u will have more room to work with.

DaLurker

Ready to race!
Thanks OP, just changed my DV to a Rev D today. Took me about 90 minutes, getting the bolts off took a while and I lost my Allen bolt.

Mr Prevention

Newbie Extrordinare
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTi
Great Help

Did this last weekend.

Had the classic DV failure - boost felt normal-ish until about 3200 then just fell off. Drove it for a day or two while diagnosing, then got the CEL. Read the code at autozone and it led me to this thread.

Overall - the best 65 dollars I've ever spent. Not only did the swap (revision D) take about 10-15 minutes (damn upper bolt and large hands, LOL), but it went without a hitch.

Instantly fixed the problem, and while I have no way of knowing, the car feels like it's got a ton more power. I've never had traction issues rolling from 10mph in second gear, but now it just burns.

Not saying the new DV holds so much more pressure than the old version, but maybe i've always had a bit of a leak there and now for the first time since I bought it (used with 40k back in 09) perhaps i am finally seeing what it can do.

Either way - thanks for the write up, it helped a lot with the mental preparation for the easy job.

GTIfox101

Ready to race!
Well I was following this DIY and found that these bolts are in fact not 5mm. So I almost stripped all the bolts. Luckily I was smart enough to figure out that a 3/16 fit snug and was able to salvage the bolts. I even got confirmation from VW saying that the bolt is a 3/16. So not sure what the deal with this DIY is. Anyone else run into this???

MCMLXXII

Will I know it when I see it?

Guys, I'm a total N00b, but after reading several threads I think this is something I really want to do. Will I know the DV when I see it?

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
Well I was following this DIY and found that these bolts are in fact not 5mm. So I almost stripped all the bolts. Luckily I was smart enough to figure out that a 3/16 fit snug and was able to salvage the bolts. I even got confirmation from VW saying that the bolt is a 3/16. So not sure what the deal with this DIY is. Anyone else run into this???

Guys, I'm a total N00b, but after reading several threads I think this is something I really want to do. Will I know the DV when I see it?

You two should work on cars together.

:lol:

GTIfox101

Ready to race!
You two should work on cars together.

:lol:

Cool story bro. Sorry that whoever posted this DIY was wrong and I didnt want the same thing that happened to me to happen to someone else.