GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blacked out the HIDs

Golf-V-GT

Burn the lies
wow that look awesome...great job.
i also want to to that,but i'm afraid of breaking someting.
furthermore the description is in english ;) and i only understand 2/3 of the whole thing

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Woot! Thanks for taking the time to write this out so completely... seems like it's QUITE the task to get done. Extra props to you for being a pioneer on it all!

I'm debating if I'm willing to attack this since you listed the "oops" prices, haha.

atomoverride

Ruler of Omicron Persei 8
i did something simular with some denali headlights. Used a dremel to cut around the edge to pull out the orange reflector, then used some gm certified silicon to put it back together. The scariest thing I ever did.

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
i did something simular with some denali headlights. Used a dremel to cut around the edge to pull out the orange reflector, then used some gm certified silicon to put it back together. The scariest thing I ever did.

A similar technique was used on the car in Street Tuner Challeneg last year. They cut the lights apart and then sealed them back up. Kinda ghetto option when you consider it can be done without permenantly damaging the lenses. Plus all that platic melting and flying all over has the potential to seriously mess up your HIDs.

I plan on doing a set this weekend and will snap some pictures so everyone can have a better idea just what each step involves.

I still can't believe I pulled it off. So SCARY!!

A18_RYU

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
MKV Sport TDi
no pics with this write up?

nice and detailed! wud attempt if i had the balls!!!! doubt my mother would let me put headlights in her oven lol

azmcs

no pics with this write up?

nice and detailed! wud attempt if i had the balls!!!! doubt my mother would let me put headlights in her oven lol

^^^^^^^

Read the whole thread please. No pictures originally as I was pressed for time to get it done before a show. Plan on doing another set this weekend for a buddy, and I will take some then...

MachGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah. Sorry for the poor pictures. Here is a crappy mobile phone pic of the interior after painting and before assembly.

Nice work. That reminds me of my workbench...white peg board, pegboard kit, Z-2, and Z-6 on hand.....man i miss my old place.

azmcs

Nice work. That reminds me of my workbench...white peg board, pegboard kit, Z-2, and Z-6 on hand.....man i miss my old place.

Haha!!! Good eye to see the Zaino:thumbsup: Another detailing nut I am sure....

Yeah my new place doesn't have any of this setup. I am gonna have it at the top of the list once we move to get the pegboard up and get a bench in there. Gonna have a 3 car setup too so I will have room for the keg-a-rator and a broke ass sofa for lounging :wink:

MachGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Haha!!! Good eye to see the Zaino:thumbsup: Another detailing nut I am sure....

Yeah my new place doesn't have any of this setup. I am gonna have it at the top of the list once we move to get the pegboard up and get a bench in there. Gonna have a 3 car setup too so I will have room for the keg-a-rator and a broke ass sofa for lounging :wink:

Sounds Posh! I tried to get a kegarator but the ex put the kalbash on it. You'll have many great moments though for sure.

I had a great 2- car setup with drains...but...I recently split with the wifey and I had just finished putting down race deck, 4 adjustable double 8ft halogens, new windows, roof, paint, heat/ac....the whole nine. she got everything b/c I didn't want to fight for anyting. we are still friends and I really didn't want anything to ever come between us. anyway, now I have 2 storage units full of detail equipment and product and my car living outside. I cringe at the daily dew that rests on it. Looking for a space to rent though to keep working and keep my car clean and safe from the evil Dust and DEW! :biggrin:

azmcs

Just wondering if anyone else has completed this or not? I have gotten a few IM's about it, but haven't seen anyone post up about getting it on. As far as an update, they are working fine. Had one halogen bulb quit on me a while back but no leaks or fogging after the monsoons have started here, so I think they are sealed up nice and tight now. BTW, I did end up replacing the lenses with new ones. (had to buy a whole set of halogens from oemplus to do it though), and they look great!

Cheers,
Joel