GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

kevvve's e30 BUILDTHREAD

kevvve

TÜ MÄDR3
UPDATE: Vagfair was this past weekend soo I had to get the e30 "ready" for another show. Nothing serious yet just installed the euroclock which I absolutely love. Adds a nice touch of refinement to the interior. and upgraded the headunit. The old blaupunkt was outdated and wouldnt pick up many stations. New headunit with usb port FTW. Thanks to my buddies furby and claudio for helping out. Some pics for your viewing pleasure.

Not air'd out at the pump. will change this week;)

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
i got to ride in this beast this weekend! :wub:

kevvve

TÜ MÄDR3

cskm

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
great progress so far man. i'm in absolute love with E30's and want to own one some day. can't wait to see the finished results.

kevvve

TÜ MÄDR3
great progress so far man. i'm in absolute love with E30's and want to own one some day. can't wait to see the finished results.
Thanks buddy. I'm sure the finished results won't disappoint.

Looking great Kev! Love that clock. When you think that beast will be sitting on bolts?
Thanks Mark! That clock is pretty sweet for something thats at least 20 years old its timeless, no pun intended lol!! Misha is working on it now. The front struts are going to be most of the work fabricating them from e30 struts and passat strut inserts hopefully it should all come together within a week. Are you going to be at h2o??

kevvve

TÜ MÄDR3
Update: while roaming the interwebz I came across these mk2 power recaros for a decent price. Unfortunately I am away on vacation and couldnt pick them up until Tuesday but after a few phone calls and a little planning my buddy and our very own Brian was able to pick them up for me. They are good shape. Diaphragm look good no tears or burn holes. Driver side thigh bolster is a little soft/flat and needs to be replaced. I plan on having these rewrapped not exactly sure in what kind of material or color yet. I was thinking a shade of brown/tan like peanut butter. I been in touch with Ron at JJCUSTOMS to figure the details out. For now I'll leave you with some photos.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Oh you tease! How hard is it to fit the recaros inside of that thing? sliders similar or what?

Yeah, I'll be at h2o. Hope to see you there in this beast hanging out with jay-z. :biggrin: :wub:

kevvve

TÜ MÄDR3
Holy fucking balls you work fast.
Meh a month or so. We planned to bag it before I bought it.

Oh you tease! How hard is it to fit the recaros inside of that thing? sliders similar or what?

Yeah, I'll be at h2o. Hope to see you there in this beast hanging out with jay-z. :biggrin: :wub:

Awesome! You gotta check it out buddy! To fit the recaros you need custom mounts which a couple people make and stock e30 sliders. Only powered recaros work because of the mounting brackets aren't built into the bottom cushion. The rear bench I'm going to sell. Try and make my money back as well as sell my stock interior which is pretty decent as well.

I plan on dying the carpet and either replacing the door cards or dyin those as well. I'm not exactly sure what color to rewrap the interior any suggestions?

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Meh a month or so. We planned to bag it before I bought it.

Awesome! You gotta check it out buddy! To fit the recaros you need custom mounts which a couple people make and stock e30 sliders. Only powered recaros work because of the mounting brackets aren't built into the bottom cushion. The rear bench I'm going to sell. Try and make my money back as well as sell my stock interior which is pretty decent as well.

I plan on dying the carpet and either replacing the door cards or dyin those as well. I'm not exactly sure what color to rewrap the interior any suggestions?

john bought a rear bench for $20 at waterfest :lol: