GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Letter/Petition to VWOA: Cam Follower Issue

Do you think VW should fix this issues via recall or some other means?

• Yes

Votes: 531 97.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 2.2%

• Total voters

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
This guy

JDraft

architectural draftsman
Car(s)
07 BMP 6mt GTI 2dr
Voted yes. Anything that fails on a 100% stock car should be covered. Even if your car is modded, it should be covered if it was a poor design. VW acknowledging the problem but refusing to fix it unless there are codes is inexcusable. They are basically saying that it doesn't become a big deal to them until an FSI car is incapacitated. And then they hope that you are out of warranty so that they can tack on a $2000 repair bill? Please.

VWoA, fix this!

vlm7

Passed Driver's Ed
I will see if we can draft up an official letter. I am in the process to find legislations that pertain to automotive manufacturers to back up the letter. Whatever we do as a group, we have a better chance if we gather legal resources. One of my colleagues is an attorney at work and I will try to seek his guidance for us.

I might be able to draft a class action letter for all to review. If any one else has a legal background or can access to some, please feel free and help out on this regard.

Thanks!

BMW recently settled the e46 class action suit. I wonder how this is resonating within VWoA and AoA.

Here's a copy of a class action complaint (which could be leveraged to a limited extent):
http://www.e46subframeclassactionsettlement.com/pdf/bmwn1comp.pdf

The resulting settlement compensated owners for their repair costs and also resulted in a proactive inspection. We can always hope for a real fix.
http://www.e46subframeclassactionsettlement.com/pdf/bmwn1sett.pdf

sloMk5

2007 GTI
I think a full recall would be pretty devastating for VW, but I voted yes. If they could make a retrofit solution that worked on the car and on the books that would be awesome, but I think a fair compromise would be free follower inpection/replacements for life, no questions asked.

3In2Out

Ready to race!
In.

Lucidity

Marx
this isn't a valid petition.

i think you'd need to organize signatures and VIN numbers along with other information verifying the person signing the petition actually owns a GTI.

how about we all call VWOA and bitch.

make a new thread that has a poll that says "did you call VWOA and bitch?" and wait till we get 100 yes's.

Whatever gets VWs attention. My intent is not to go into a legal battle with them, but rather to have them realize that the community is aware of their faulty design and would like them to take action so we can all be happy. They keep customers, our cars continue to work.

I gave my information above but feel I could be very useful in this campaign for a few reasons:

1) I bought my car new
2) Car now has 60,000 miles
3) Car has remained COMPLETELY stock
4) HPFP was already replaced under warranty @ 2X,000 miles
5) Cam follower (and possibly HPFP) need to be replaced again

Good Idea!

I will see if we can draft up an official letter. I am in the process to find legislations that pertain to automotive manufacturers to back up the letter. Whatever we do as a group, we have a better chance if we gather legal resources. One of my colleagues is an attorney at work and I will try to seek his guidance for us.

I might be able to draft a class action letter for all to review. If any one else has a legal background or can access to some, please feel free and help out on this regard.

Thanks!

Awesome! I'm going to have my Mom talk to her brother in law, he's a fairly big lawyer up in Alaska, as well as a professor of Law, so maybe he can help us out a bit.

3In2Out

Ready to race!
Legal action will have to be taken for them to do anything. Class action is about the only way to force them to do anything.

Lucidity

Marx
Legal action will have to be taken for them to do anything. Class action is about the only way to force them to do anything.

Let's hope that is not the case, but if it must be done, then hopefully as a community we can get it done.

blackgti06

"My Fast"
Car(s)
2006 MKV Gti
blackgti06- Kevin