GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Never trust your lil brother...

J-tec

Wow i don't know how i'd react to that, you handled it pretty well if I can say so myself

Best of luck with future car shopping!

peter437

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
#4822 .:R32 DSG
wow, I just gave up my keys like 3 hours ago to my older brother (33years old so hopefully more responsible) for three weeks, since i'm leaving on vacation. Idk if this is a bad omen or God led me to this thread to laugh at how freaked out i am now. If i would have seen this earlier i would have kept my keys in my pocket.

Sorry dude hope it all works out.

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
so as far as i know, this is the 2nd fahrenheit casualty.

the 1st was fahrenheit #1 in the USA.

desi786

Got fahrenheit?
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI
=(

I'm glad your brother is ok. In some rare occasions, I'm glad I don't have a younger brother. Guess one down fall in having and DSG (automatic, whatever) transmission because then it's really easy for anyone to just hop in one and drive off. Manual would work if people knows the basics.

Anyways if I were you, maybe shoot for an Audi? I wouldn't stray away from the TDI it gets AMAZING mileage. My dad has one and the best he's done on his commute to work is about 42 MPG. BUT IMO, it would only be really worth it if you drove a lot, had a far commute, or just prefer the torque a TDI could deliver. Other than those few reasons, IMO it doesn't justify getting a TDI compared to a regular gasoline car.

In the end I do hope that you pick something that you'll like and enjoy driving. Glad to read that your brother is in one piece and well shit happens, everyone moves on in life.

I realize the TDI isn't nearly the same as a GTI, but i was considering it due to the amazing mileage and yea i drive a LOTTT so it would benefit me for suree. the only thing is i know performance wise the GTI was much more satisfying. Do any of you know if there any mods available to the TDI engines to improve performance?? Or am I stuck to purely cosmetic modifications? Anyways we'll see how things play out in these next few days thanks for the responsee the vdub community really knows how to make a fellow dubber feel better bout his loss. I'll update this thread with whats going on ride wise, and next time i'll be parking it in the garage myself:wink:

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
you'll never make power on a 2 liter diesel like you will on a 2 liter petrol engine.

if i were you i'd invest in a more powerful 2 liter engine. that's right, EVO IX

desi786

Got fahrenheit?
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI
haha evo ix would be great...too bad im in canada =( hmm...maybe a subaru wrx? not german but still a decent ride, its so hard choosing since i was so satisfied with my previous car this is going to be tough...

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
yeah.

i know the orange really grows on you, it's kind of scary. my favorite thing about GTIs were 18'' huffs til i saw the F-GTI.

09 wrx's are 268 horse 5 speeds. very very nice cars.

be careful if you buy used too, people thrash their wrx's (you know, the "drifter" who lives with his mom type).

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
did the canadians have the r32 available to them?

GTIxpinay

dirty pirate hooker
sorry to hear about your car, i'd be devastated. but im glad to hear your brother's okay though. fortunately for me, my brother doesn't know how to drive stickshift.

Sorry to hear about the car man. Glad your bro is ok.

As for a new car, how about an early 2000 twin turbo S4?? That would be one sick ride and they can be had for a fairly reasonable price.

ehhh, i LOVE the b5 s4 its quick as hell and its one of the quickest cars i've had the opportunity to drive. however, my ex and another friend i know owned one and they've experienced so many problems. my ex had to replace the engine mounts (which broke twice), the transmission, the clutch, also the glove box randomly opens while driving around, ac and heat doesnt work, antilock brakes doesn't work, etc....

James G

Spool makes me drool.
Car(s)
'06 CW GTI 3DR