Autocross Champion
very impressed with fit and quality of this box
i would love to see a 12" with at least 1 cubic foot volume

where i installed the sub gain control knob

Audio Integrations

Passed Driver's Ed
very impressed with fit and quality of this box
i would love to see a 12" with at least 1 cubic foot volume

Received my box from AI this past Friday and couldn't be any happier with it. Very solid box inside and out and the fit and finish of it is great. Good Job AI:thumbsup:

I also purchased a JL Audio 10w3v3 sub and it sits in the box perfectly, its like they was made for each other. Hopefully I can get this installed on Tuesday so I will take some pics and post em' up.

PS - Gotta love the smell of fiber glass in the morning :biggrin:

Thanks guys, that's what we like to hear!!

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Word of caution to everyone. There was an air leak coming from my terminal cup. I don't know exactly where it was...could have been the cut-out or the actual terminals. I didn't want to bother removing the enclosure to fix it so I just goobed the entire cup, terminals and screws with a healthy amount of sealant. It was a fairly significant leak and most definitely coming from the cup. I got my sub installed and gave it the old push the cone in test. I could hear the leak and actually feel the air with my hand. I even adressed the potential for air leaks in the mounting holes by getting some rubber washers with smaller holes that would be tight on the bolts. I didn't expect the terminal cup to be an issue. If you have already installed then just give the cone a gentle push in and listen for a leak. If you haven't installed it's probably best to be safe and seal the terminal cup good while it's easy to work with out of the car.

I'll report back tomorrow after I get the sub mounted again.

plac

GTI Master
nice find!

i just took out my sub box tonight for no apparent reason. i been toying with removing my system, so ill keep you in mind if i ever really do want to sell my ARCs..

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
The PDX is holding me for now but I'm always interested in something a little more on the SQ side. I'll need something that can comfortable push a 2ohm mono load for my new sub - IDQ10 D4 v3. The PDX will be fine but I'm wondering if it will generate more heat. I'm running the main channels bridged and have had it go into thermal protection a couple of times on prolonged listening at higher levels.

plac

GTI Master
The minis will never overheat. The fan on top makes sure of that. I have always had mine at 2 ohms.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Success!

I got the sub back in the enclosure this morning and all is good. I've only had about 15min of listening but it is distinctly different compared to the Fi SSD10 I was running. I haven't changed any levels or settings yet. The IDQ has a sharper kick and overall seems to have more output. One complication in comparing the FI to the IDQ is that I was running the FI in a standard cube firing at the rear of the hatch. The IDQ is obviously firing across the hatch. I've been told by the guys at ID that the new configuration should gain output just by firing across the hatch. I'll update my build thread later today but for now here is a final pic.

Build Thread

Audio Integrations

Passed Driver's Ed
Word of caution to everyone. There was an air leak coming from my terminal cup. I don't know exactly where it was...could have been the cut-out or the actual terminals. I didn't want to bother removing the enclosure to fix it so I just goobed the entire cup, terminals and screws with a healthy amount of sealant. It was a fairly significant leak and most definitely coming from the cup. I got my sub installed and gave it the old push the cone in test. I could hear the leak and actually feel the air with my hand. I even adressed the potential for air leaks in the mounting holes by getting some rubber washers with smaller holes that would be tight on the bolts. I didn't expect the terminal cup to be an issue. If you have already installed then just give the cone a gentle push in and listen for a leak. If you haven't installed it's probably best to be safe and seal the terminal cup good while it's easy to work with out of the car.

I'll report back tomorrow after I get the sub mounted again.

Wow, we've never run across that issue before, thats one of the enclosures thats pretty flat there so I wouldn't suspect that being an issue there either, I'll keep my eye on the rest

Success!

I got the sub back in the enclosure this morning and all is good. I've only had about 15min of listening but it is distinctly different compared to the Fi SSD10 I was running. I haven't changed any levels or settings yet. The IDQ has a sharper kick and overall seems to have more output. One complication in comparing the FI to the IDQ is that I was running the FI in a standard cube firing at the rear of the hatch. The IDQ is obviously firing across the hatch. I've been told by the guys at ID that the new configuration should gain output just by firing across the hatch. I'll update my build thread later today but for now here is a final pic.

Build Thread

Looking good!!

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Wow, we've never run across that issue before, thats one of the enclosures thats pretty flat there so I wouldn't suspect that being an issue there either, I'll keep my eye on the rest

I've always been a bit leery about terminal cups in sealed enclosures. 1/8" of abs plastic might not be able to stand up to the pressure generated with high power subs. In my previous enclosure for the FI I pulled the cup and screwed/glued a piece of 3/4" MDF over the hole from the inside. Then I drilled binding posts through the MDF with a little sealant for good measure. That eliminates the chance of the cup failing or any air leaks. You guys might consider doing away with the cups and just punching long binding posts through the wood. Would eliminate the need to cut the hole and avoid potential air leaks.

shishibo

Passed Driver's Ed
awesome!!!!

just got my 8" model and... excellent piece of work Audio Integrations! now just waiting for my sub & amp to come in.