GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New!!! Perfect Fit Subwoofer Enclosures For The MKV - 10 & 8 Inch Models

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I don't know...$300 is pushing my cumfort zone for an enclosure even though it looks very nice. One thing that appears odd to me...does the rounded part butt up to the rear seat back? I would prefer if it matched the angle of the sea back and filled out the entire side wall.

Unfortunately, Nik's side-mounts are pretty small at .4-.5 cuft and that's not going to cut it for me but this might be an option if I decide to stick with a 10" and really want to free up the hatch space currently occupied by my standard box.

LoyalSage

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKIV & MKV R32
I don't know...$300 is pushing my cumfort zone for an enclosure even though it looks very nice. One thing that appears odd to me...does the rounded part butt up to the rear seat back? I would prefer if it matched the angle of the sea back and filled out the entire side wall.

Unfortunately, Nik's side-mounts are pretty small at .4-.5 cuft and that's not going to cut it for me but this might be an option if I decide to stick with a 10" and really want to free up the hatch space currently occupied by my standard box.

i think nick made it pretty clear he will built to order, you tell him what mounting depth you want and he should be able to put it together for you.

i will admit though, these look like fine products, and the more competition there is, the better for the end consumer in my opinion.

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
those are some very nice looking boxes. 299 of a box like that is very fair.

Mine personally stick out less, but it does limit sub options. I may need to move into doing boxes for another car if people keep making ones this nice (although i do have the market cornered on the under the floor and jetta boxes.

I wonder if these will fit mkiv's too.

come on Polo, i need a new car to fit befre the competition does.

Also, that is a very nice match on carpet color too on those. and i like how th 8" looks recessed and has a grill

Audio Integrations

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice. What's the mounting depth on the 10" enclosure? What's the ETA on shipping these out? Definitely need some in-car pics. How far does it stick out from the side?

Exact mounting depth is a bit difficult to figure as the back wall isn't flat - both overall mounting depth of the sub and it's magnet diameter are needed to determine fitment.

There really wasn't much room to work with here - we know on the 10 inch version will work on the JL Audio W0, W1, W3 and we're hoping for the W6 - it's real close and the thickness varies on the glass so if the fiberglass operator adds too much in one area it may be a no go.

We still have some figuring to get it all nailed down but we'll let ya know asap.

so what's the go? Will you ship to australia?

We may be able to help out here - USPS changed their rates/policys again so It may come down to shipping box size which we're still working on.

Yeah...and special intro pricing for us early adopters :biggrin:

Yeah, we're looking to see if we can get a bit of a discount from our fiberglass contractor for some early "pre" order sales or maybe a volume kinda deal. As soon as we get in nailed down and are vendor's here we'll let ya know :)

Well this is always a design aspect we battle - its a mix of getting the right airspace and creating a design/shape that isn't too difficult to reproduce. The enclosures are basically built inside out through the speaker hole - the tighter further away corners make it much harder for the glass laminator to get in there - he's basically working blind, plus glass doesn't like to lay nicely on sharp corners.

Like I say it's really a balance - a lot of times we're not able to achieve our desired look/design due to these factors. :(

omg... thats SICK.. i bought TWO of their amp racks and a sub box for my WRX...

Jobber...is that you?? :) No more WRX huh? Thanks for the compliments and pics ya posted - glad to see your still around trying to get that perfect system! :thumbsup:

those are some very nice looking boxes. 299 of a box like that is very fair.

Mine personally stick out less, but it does limit sub options. I may need to move into doing boxes for another car if people keep making ones this nice (although i do have the market cornered on the under the floor and jetta boxes.

I wonder if these will fit mkiv's too.

come on Polo, i need a new car to fit befre the competition does.

Also, that is a very nice match on carpet color too on those. and i like how th 8" looks recessed and has a grill

Thanks for the compliments Nick - We actually started the originals/prototypes quite a while ago (beginning of the year :() but we've been super busy and it took quite a while to get them through the stages and ready for production.

To be honest with ya we actually try to stay away from markets that good people/shops have already made products for. Unfortunately there is a lot of time that goes into making the originals and then the molds and many times similar products are released without the knowledge of each other.

We're running into this with our latest 5th gen Camaro subwoofer enclosure as well. We sourced a vehicle and got a prototype built super fast to find out that a couple others have already beat us to the punch. :( I guess that's just business.

Our enclosures aren't for everybody, they do have a higher cost compared to others as they are a very high quality piece, made here in the states with quality components and extras all backed by a lifetime warranty that we stand behind.

Thanks for the comments guys, I don't want to over step without being a vendor so we really have to save any prices until we hear back from them. So far they haven't answered our emails and pm's so I guess it's just a waiting game :(

What we do know - this is our first 8 inch enclosure so no msrp has ever been figured...however it will be cheaper than the 10's

We're hoping on both models to offer them up for an introductory sale lower than anything we've done before on any other models. As I stated before these are extremely high quality with very quality components going into them as well as extras that other's don't include, and of course backed by a lifetime warranty on the enclosure construction plus a 30 day money back return policy.

So far with all of our models sold - 100% satisfaction, no returns due to unhappy purchases and no warranty work on construction. Unfortunately we have had one customer who lost his car (wreck) before he got the chance to install it...but we were happy to take it back as he no longer had a vehicle. :wink:

Last edited:

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
The 10W3 is 5.9" deep with a 5.25" diameter magnet. The 10W6 is a full inch deeper AND wider. That's tight if you are getting close with the W3. At least the W3 specs give us an idea of what else might fit.

So how much longer do you expect to need to figure out the remaining details and start these shipping?

Audio Integrations

Passed Driver's Ed
The 10W3 is 5.9" deep with a 5.25" diameter magnet. The 10W6 is a full inch deeper AND wider. That's tight if you are getting close with the W3. At least the W3 specs give us an idea of what else might fit.

So how much longer do you expect to need to figure out the remaining details and start these shipping?

No we're good on a W3 fitting, the W6 fit our first out of the mold test enclosure but it looked to be touching on the one side. I think it's going to be one of those pull the rubber off the magnet kinda deals to make it fit. Depth isn't the issue with the W6, it's the width of the magnet that causes the trouble.

But yeah, the W3 is all good.

Well we have a couple small things to finish up - instructions - which hopefully we'll be doing this week/weekend with an actual vehicle and some small stuff but really once somebody here pm's or emails us back with the vendor info we could narrow down the price and start a pre-order deal at least.

So if your a mod or admin please let us know what it takes to become a vendor on here.
:iono:

White Lotus

My friends call me Chad
Car(s)
2008 Candy White R32
I almost pulled the trigger on the JL enclosure but got a condo instead lol........ this couldn't have come at a better time! Subscribed and looking forward to adding my name to the pre-order :)

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Yeah...I'm in. Hopefully soon.

S'more 07

Just getting started
Car(s)
MKVI Stage 2
Just put a per-order on the 8" $50.00 deposit and $209.99 for the pre-order price:happyanim:
can't beat that!
$229.99 for the 10"

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I pre-ordered a 10" the other day.