GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tomshouse516 timeline/build/photodump a million pictures

tomshouse516

tomtomtomotomtomtomtomtom
Car(s)
09 GT1
the calipers:cool:..?are they a straight forward bolt on?not seen this yet.

Calipers bolt right to the stock knuckle, you can use ML350 rotors I believe and MKIV .:R32 Brake lines.

I am not in a huge rush to get the brakes together but I will be piecing it together here and there. I am thinking of just running .:R rear brakes though instead of doing the Cayenne/Viper combo.

I will throw up a Complete parts list when I get farther along with it.

tomshouse516

Car(s)
09 GT1

Can anyone verify that these are the correct spec for the 17z calipers?

I saw the offset info in group buy thread for the 17/18z 2pc rotors but it is almost 60 pages and idk what page it is on ha.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

tomshouse516

Car(s)
09 GT1
So for anybody looking to setup Cayenne/Toureg/Q7 caliper on the front of your MKV using 1 piece rotors:

1: 6 Piston Brembo calipers off of a Porsche cayenne/VW toureq/Audi Q7.

-There are two types of calipers 17z for 330mm rotors and 17" wheels, and 18z for 350mm rotors and 18" wheels.

-You also have to consider spoke clearance as the large calipers stick outward much farther and can contact your spokes.

2: Rotors off of a 2008 ML350 or 2008 GL450

-2008 ML350 rotor specs, These are the rotors to use with 17z calipers

-2008 GL 450 rotor specs, These are the rotors to use with 18z calipers.

3: Caliper mounting hardware from JHM Motorsports.

http://jhmotorsports.com/shop/catal....html?osCsid=1ede1644950e51d3963aa8ba08956a91

4: 67mm - 65mm metal hub centric rings.

-These will need to be shortened as not to stick out past the face of the rotor and interfere with mounting the wheels.

5: MkIV .:R32 brake lines.

-Direct fit to MkV brake line and 17z-18z Calipers

The Calipers bolt directly to the stock spindle with the hardware kit from JHM. Rotors are a perfect fit aside from the slightly to large center bore.
Use pads for the calipers you have

Last edited:

tomshouse516

Car(s)
09 GT1
Boring build thread is boring..

Anyway I got a line on a set of toureg 4 piston Brembo rear calipers which I am planning to set over a pair of 08 GL450 rear rotors 330mm x 22mm.
Should fill out 17" wheels nicely.