GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W6050 only this thread

whoyeah

In Menu / Settings / Regional Settings, you can set your time zone, turn on/off syncing to the gps clock, etc.

I have messed around with all these settings as well and cannont for the life of me get the clock to change as well! I have it set on 7 Us mountain standard time but it keeps defaulting back to 7:54 pm everytime and the gps time is always 6-7hrs off?

whoyeah

And whomever has the new version are you hooking up the ACC and ILLUM wire? All of my buttons and knobs are NOT lighting up red so I assume this is the issue? Oskar has spoken with the factory and they say to hook up these wires? Maybe it HAS to be hooked up on the newer versions? So can anyone with the updated version confirm that their lights are NOT working??

brian905

I have the new version of the unit and I am having the same issue with the time. I did NOT connect the ACC and ILLUM wires and my head unit lights up perfectly fine so i can only assume that your issue with the lights are not related. Let me know if you figure out the time issue and i'll do the same.

And whomever has the new version are you hooking up the ACC and ILLUM wire? All of my buttons and knobs are NOT lighting up red so I assume this is the issue? Oskar has spoken with the factory and they say to hook up these wires? Maybe it HAS to be hooked up on the newer versions? So can anyone with the updated version confirm that their lights are NOT working??

brian905

I cant for the life of me find this "turn on/off syncing to the gps clock" :iono:

In Menu / Settings / Regional Settings, you can set your time zone, turn on/off syncing to the gps clock, etc.

knigjes

I've got my new unit in and working.

-All the steering wheel controls work as expected
-The Trim matches nearly perfectly (you have to look close and think hard to notice it might not have been made at the same factory)

brian905: I'm having the same problem - I can set it to the correct time zone, and then later the time will be goofy again...

I didn't connect any of the 3 wires (ACC, ILUM, DIM?), as I'm sure I'll be pulling the unit back out soon.

The GPS software is good - easy to navigate, and looks nice.
The radio User-Interface is just ok.. I'm tempted to draft something else up and send it to them to spur their development.

I took pictures of the install, etc. and will try to post them over the weekend.

Jayro

Old Newbie
For knigjes

I've got my new unit in and working.

-All the steering wheel controls work as expected
-The Trim matches nearly perfectly (you have to look close and think hard to notice it might not have been made at the same factory)

brian905: I'm having the same problem - I can set it to the correct time zone, and then later the time will be goofy again...

I didn't connect any of the 3 wires (ACC, ILUM, DIM?), as I'm sure I'll be pulling the unit back out soon.

The GPS software is good - easy to navigate, and looks nice.
The radio User-Interface is just ok.. I'm tempted to draft something else up and send it to them to spur their development.

I took pictures of the install, etc. and will try to post them over the weekend.
Hi you sat all steering wheel buttons function as exspected, can you tell us what you see up in the MFD especially if the navigation displays the turn info, better still post us some pics please Thanks

knigjes

Hi you sat all steering wheel buttons function as exspected, can you tell us what you see up in the MFD especially if the navigation displays the turn info, better still post us some pics please Thanks

I played with it a bit during Lunch:
the MFD doesn't communicate with the GPS at all. It displays Audio stuff: radio frequency, track names from CD's, etc. but no GPS info.

I'm not surprised as Ylian pointed out: the GPS runs in Windows, but the radio and can-bus stuff is running in a different system. It's like there are separate units in there, sharing a screen. Because the MFD and steering wheel controls are Can-Bus, the GPS can't access them (if they could Ylian would be much more eager to get to Can-Bus via a hack, as you could control some cool stuff, and perhaps even run Vag-Com).

Last edited:

whoyeah

I am at wits end with mine. connected the acc and ilum wires still no lights. the GPS clock will not set still and now my DVD or CD is just ejecting for no reason. its also resetting EVERYTHING once I turn the car up. I have contacted fish. his reply is more frustrating. he said he don't know whats wrong but I can send back at my cost! and they would see if they could fix it or would replace it. even more time. and I would have to pay AGAIN for shipment back to me. what a joke! maybe these new ones are not better lol. I'm happy for all u guys whos units are working properly so u don't have to go through this. may they last forever! I'm goin to file a dispute to see if I can get a better outcome.....

Jayro

Old Newbie
I received the wiring diagram from a WD6050.
Blue ISO and nothing about Telephone In!

I am sorry guys but you seem to be getting your knickers in a twist over the three tails from the main connecter block.
My advice is leave them alone untill you have fired up you head unit.
The dimmer wire should be used as per mrx 's information but I cant see why you need to play about with it untill you are sure your unit is working.
The blue wire is for Antenna Accessories and if you have a powered Twin Fakra adapter then that is when you need it (or an antenna line amp) the other wire (in some deliverys it has been brown or white or red) is for the camera and untill some one tests it and comes back with what is present leave it alone.
Stuffing 12v up to the head unit putting it where it is not wanted is asking for trouble and strange behaviour.
I will post the pinout diag for the VW quadlock connecter match them up and you will see there is no need to play about. (see the headunit pinout on p36

Angedet8

Car(s)
VW Passat
WD6050 problem

I am at wits end with mine. connected the acc and ilum wires still no lights. the GPS clock will not set still and now my DVD or CD is just ejecting for no reason. its also resetting EVERYTHING once I turn the car up. I have contacted fish. his reply is more frustrating. he said he don't know whats wrong but I can send back at my cost! and they would see if they could fix it or would replace it. even more time. and I would have to pay AGAIN for shipment back to me. what a joke! maybe these new ones are not better lol. I'm happy for all u guys whos units are working properly so u don't have to go through this. may they last forever! I'm goin to file a dispute to see if I can get a better outcome.....

I had the similar problems to you. My lights would not turn on, steering wheel controls would not work & rear camera would not activate (except one time). I had the original unit in which I purchased 2 months ago. After putting up with it for a couple of months I got fed up with the problems & sent it back for repair. They think it is a Can bus fault, & said hopefully it will be repaired next week.???