GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W6050 only this thread

kv12

Ready to race!
Ylian: As promised, I made a simple diagram to illustrate I was on about.

Since the Grommet is quite close to the hinges this is the location where the wires will bend.

For GTI and Rabbit Owners: I'm guessing the concept is the same it's just a diffrent type of boot/trunk lid.

Pic updated: Thanks Bazzle!

Good luck with the install!

Last edited:

Ylian

Passed Driver's Ed
Read view camera install

Oh my gosh, this are excellent diagrams. Yes, I have a 12v plug in the back of the car, so I should be set to go. I too will be waiting for a good day to do this and I will posting pictures of the process. Today I also got my antenna Y connector, so I should be able to upgrade my AM/FM signal which is currently weak. I may attempt to run the camera wire thru the car before I get the camera. Should keep me entertained.

Ylian

mrx

Connoisseur
Car(s)
2007 CW Golf GTI 5dr
The concept is the same for golfs. In the golf it is a definite advantage using the 12V accessory socket for power rather than the reversing light, then you don't have to get any wires into the tail gate (which is a PITA). In the case of the Jetta you still may want to use the 12V socket rather than the reverse light if you ever intend to manual switch to the camera when you're not in reverse (can't think why you would though).

When installing with an AVC9000 which didn't sense reverse through the canbus it had to be powered off the reverse light so the head unit knew when the car was in reverse. It was also necessary to make a small power smoothing filter (diode & capacitor) to stop horizontal bars from appearing on the camera screen when the engine was running. I put the circuit diagram of what is required WAY back in this thread. I'm not sure if you'll need it if you don't use the reverse light as a source of power? Ylian, please let us know. timj is also planning to install his soon & has done the same on his wifes Jetta already, so he might be able to provide some guidance.

bazzle

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MY08 R32 Silver 3dr
Oh my gosh, this are excellent diagrams. Yes, I have a 12v plug in the back of the car, so I should be set to go. I too will be waiting for a good day to do this and I will posting pictures of the process. Today I also got my antenna Y connector, so I should be able to upgrade my AM/FM signal which is currently weak. I may attempt to run the camera wire thru the car before I get the camera. Should keep me entertained.

Ylian

Would not my suggestion be easier?
Only have to run one lead route and less dassassembly.

Bazzle

kv12

Ready to race!
Would not my suggestion be easier?
Only have to run one lead route and less dassassembly.

Bazzle

Come to think of it, it would be better. I wonder if there's a pic of the 12v out on the back of the WD5060. I never noticed there were a 12v outlet on the unit itself. I am going to install this for sure, I only have to run one lead.

I updated the pic Thanks!

Thanks!

Last edited:

Jayro

Old Newbie
For audiphile

Hi with ref to your unit not switching off, it is a CanBus problem.
The 12v+ feed is permanent and the vehicle CanBus controll module should signal the unit to switch off when the key is removed.
If the other canbus functions are working (h/unit lighting, dimming with lights switched on, and MFSW buttons functioning) then it is either programed wrong or a board fault.
Is it the latest unit ?, and does any of the other units recently supplied have this fault ?
Just spotted Angedet8 's post same sort of proplem. and there is two wires to check Can high (+)and can low(-)
Seems like this update might not been thoroughly checked

Last edited:

Angedet8

Car(s)
VW Passat
Hi with ref to your unit not switching off, it is a CanBus problem.
The 12v+ feed is permanent and the vehicle CanBus controll module should signal the unit to switch off when the key is removed.
If the other canbus functions are working (h/unit lighting, dimming with lights switched on, and MFSW buttons functioning) then it is either programed wrong or a board fault.
Is it the latest unit ?, and does any of the other units recently supplied have this fault ?
Just spotted Angedet8 's post same sort of proplem. and there is two wires to check Can high (+)and can low(-)
Seems like this update might not been thoroughly checked

I do NOT have the new Can Bus unit. My WD6050 also did NOT turn off and the rear camera was not activated also (It worked once during a month of use). I figured it must be a Can Bus problem, so that's why I sent it back to Waywell for repair. Mr Lee said he will have finished next week, so it will be interesting to see what he says.

craigG

Why? cos I can
6050 not powering off

Still don't know why it won't turn off with the key out! it just keeps on playing![/QUOTE]

I don't know if it's the same but I had the same fault with my AVC-9000, when I pluged in my VAS5052 it showed can faults everywhere. I traced the fault to be the black box built into the avc-9000 wiring harness, replaced the harness and hey presto back too normal
:thumbsup:

craigG

Why? cos I can
This maybe a question better aimed at Oskar but I am going to be ordering a new unit soon and am a little concerned about the "shiny black plastic" unit colour change on the new units to match the golf's, The current finish is perfect in my Leon and doesn't look out of place in my golf. Has anybody seen how differnent they are??

Jayro

Old Newbie
Clear up output tails on the 6050/7301 H/Unit

I see various ref to the output tails from the head unit, so the next guy to go in would you please confirm the output,s and function ie. if switched.
we know that the Blue wire is 12v+ for the arial functions, is it switched ?
we know the Pink wire is for the dimmer, what votage is output on this wire ? and is it switched ?
This leaves the White wire, is it suitable for the camera, (12v +) and again is it switched.
Also on the Golf vs please note that the 12V accesoriy socket is switched by the ignition from about 2005.

dr_ehabatif

Passed Driver's Ed
i have a couple of questions plz:

can i use the reverse light as a power source for the camera as i will never use it except when i m going back? also if what i m saying is right whats your openion in taking the power directly from the lamp harness ..... i m not happy with the camera having permenant power supply and even when it is not in use.

another question is u said in a previous post that i can use a cd changer to ipod cable adabter ,, nice idea but is there such thing a usb to cd changer cable converter too?
cos that would be nice if we cann add usb support to the device especially when we have the ipod adabter to the front working,...
may be somthing like this one but not that expensive of course

http://www.addacdchanger.co.uk/USB_...apter/VW_USB_Input_Adapter_for_Factory_Stereo

or

http://charmaker.en.alibaba.com/product/207077852-200206335/Charmaker_DMC.html

thanks

Last edited:

mrx

Connoisseur
Car(s)
2007 CW Golf GTI 5dr
I see various ref to the output tails from the head unit, so the next guy to go in would you please confirm the output,s and function ie. if switched.
we know that the Blue wire is 12v+ for the arial functions, is it switched ?
we know the Pink wire is for the dimmer, what votage is output on this wire ? and is it switched ?
This leaves the White wire, is it suitable for the camera, (12v +) and again is it switched.
Also on the Golf vs please note that the 12V accesoriy socket is switched by the ignition from about 2005.

Blue wire for amp/electric aerial etc. is switched.

Pink Wire for illumination is an input, it should have a very small voltage on it (around 1V). The buttons will light up at a brightness dependant on the voltage you feed it (between GND & 12V). Although, someone PM'd me saying they couldn't get their dimming to work properly, and it turned out theirs had 12V on it - I suspect a short somewhere in the wiring in his case.

White wire? Mine has a Red ACC wire. I haven't looked but assumed this would also be an input that you'd connect to a switched 12V source (I can't understand why it's even present as this is derived from the canbus).

bazzle

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MY08 R32 Silver 3dr
My thanks to MrX, KV12 and notes, prev postsetc from other forum members along the way that helped me finally get the new updated Oz maps and VW skins functioning on IGO8:thumbsup:

Bazzle

bazzle

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MY08 R32 Silver 3dr
i have a couple of questions plz:

can i use the reverse light as a power source for the camera as i will never use it except when i m going back? also if what i m saying is right whats your openion in taking the power directly from the lamp harness ..... i m not happy with the camera having permenant power supply and even when it is not in use.

another question is u said in a previous post that i can use a cd changer to ipod cable adabter ,, nice idea but is there such thing a usb to cd changer cable converter too?
cos that would be nice if we cann add usb support to the device especially when we have the ipod adabter to the front working,...
may be somthing like this one but not that expensive of course

http://www.addacdchanger.co.uk/USB_...apter/VW_USB_Input_Adapter_for_Factory_Stereo

thanks

Certainly reads that way. Looks like you "may" be the guine pig :bow:
Pity re the price though :frown:

Bazzle