GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W6050 only this thread

craigG

Why? cos I can
I have said in earlier posts that sharkfin antennas are absolutely useless on FM. I purchased one when my Passat whip antenna failed due to water ingress. It was useless, bought a new whip and base and hey presto back to business.

Yeah I figured as much, with the standard wip erception is pant's when damp ok in the dry. I thought the shark fin looked cool but no FM reception. Back down the stealers for a new base I think.
For anybody interested my leon is built on the same platform as the golf v.

florinkn

New details on W6050 - Blue connector

How you can see the blue connector is the same with the blue connector from VW.

Can somebody confirm if the green connector is working on W6050?

W6050 is coming without this green or yellow connectors but the entrance are on W6050 for this connectors! What do you think Ylian?

Attachments

• MiniISO.jpg
    MiniISO.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 1,262
  • IMG_2888.JPG
    IMG_2888.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 1,189

snguyen

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got the DHL sms message that my package from Oskar has arrived. Will have to wait till I get home to check it out though.

Ylian

Passed Driver's Ed
Florinkn thanks for the nice pictures.

yes, it's my understanding that the blue and green connectors are active on the WD6050 and are used to connect the unit to the CD Changer. If you have a CD Changer, you can just plug it and it will work. The feature will because enabled on the menu as an additional source.

Now, if you don't have a CD Changer, you can get a iPOD-to-CD Changer adapter. It will make an iPOD looks like a multi-disc device. This way, you can connect the iPOD in the glove box and control it from the device without using the front iPOD connector.

Soze in this thread confirmed it all worked.

Hope this helps,
Ylian

Ylian

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks kv12 for your skin. I had found and loaded your v1.0 version a while back and updated to v2.0 last night. It works well. Still working on getting the most of it.

By the way, I just ordered my read camera last night. It's one the hooks up to the license plate, still, I am unsure how i am going to be passing a wire thru the car and where i should get the camera power from.

Ylian

Angedet8

Car(s)
VW Passat
Your switch lights are activated over the Can Bus along with the screen dimming. Does your screen dim when you switch the lights on ?
If it does, that then says the canbus signal is getting through, if not then that is your likely culprit.
Some guys have had poor soldering in the connector adapter, so, look here 1st, it might be that can + or can - has a poor solder joint.
I also found that when I received my WD6050 my steering wheel controls did NOT work. I've sent back the unit to Waywell thinking that the unit was faulty and for them to repair. I had a look at the connector adapter & the canbus wires (orange) seem ok, but how can you really tell? The canbus wires on the other end (car connector) also seems ok. Is there a way of testing?

audiphile

Old Man
I just got the unit. Steering wheel controls seem to work. I have two issues:

1. Navigation software "not found"
2. Unit doesn't power off with the key. keeps playing..

Any ideas?

RedGTI34

Passed Driver's Ed
in the setup menu (the one with all the icons on the bottom) go to the navigation setup icon and tap it. then you'll need to point the device to the location of the .exe file for the nav software. It's usally sdcard\igo08\XXX.exe or something like that. My unit resets occasionally (and changes to Japanese!) and I have to re-point it to the .exe file. Hope this helps!

I just got the unit. Steering wheel controls seem to work. I have two issues:

1. Navigation software "not found"
2. Unit doesn't power off with the key. keeps playing..

Any ideas?

audiphile

Old Man
in the setup menu (the one with all the icons on the bottom) go to the navigation setup icon and tap it. then you'll need to point the device to the location of the .exe file for the nav software. It's usally sdcard\igo08\XXX.exe or something like that. My unit resets occasionally (and changes to Japanese!) and I have to re-point it to the .exe file. Hope this helps!

ah, got it, thanks!! and I got my tomtom to work too!

Still don't know why it won't turn off with the key out! it just keeps on playing!

kv12

Ready to race!
Thanks kv12 for your skin. I had found and loaded your v1.0 version a while back and updated to v2.0 last night. It works well. Still working on getting the most of it.

By the way, I just ordered my read camera last night. It's one the hooks up to the license plate, still, I am unsure how i am going to be passing a wire thru the car and where i should get the camera power from.

Ylian

Thank you, I'm glad you find the skin useful!

About the rear view camera, in theory, you have to pass the wires through the trim where the doorsill is I wish I could get a picture of what I am talking about.

Then the wire will go up thru the rear seat then up to through the rubber grommet where the rest of the wires going to the trunk goes...

needless to say the trunk lid lining has to be removed. To remove unscrew the T-20 screws on the inner side of the liner, then carefully remove as the rest of the lining is held on by metal clips.

then the power wire for the camera should be spliced into a permanent power source. I am planning to do this when it's warmer... I couldn't think of anything near the trunklid with a permanent power source to tap into.

Last edited:

mrx

Connoisseur
Car(s)
2007 CW Golf GTI 5dr
I couldn't think of anything near the trunklid with a permanent power source to tap into.

In the golf there is a 12V accessory outlet in the boot (trunk), it provides power the whole time the ignition is on, which is what you want. Does the Jetta have this?

olegg

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GLI
In the golf there is a 12V accessory outlet in the boot (trunk), it provides power the whole time the ignition is on, which is what you want. Does the Jetta have this?

Yes jettas have that