GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W6050 only this thread

Tiguan

No sound from DVD/CD anymore

Hi all,

Suddenly I have no sound anymore when playing a DVD or CD in my Waywell WD6050 unit.
Sound from radio, navigation and bluetooth are still OK.
I did already reset my unit, but no result. I have checked all audio settings, but could not find something that has to do with this problem. (for example DVD is not in Dolby 5.1 mode). DVD shows video and all features still work. CD shows track list and all functions are working. But NO sound. In case you put the volume wide open you will hear a little sound.
Has someone an idea what the problem is ?
Thanks in advance.

Jayro

Old Newbie
Last edited:

Jayro

Old Newbie
For Ylian,and Oskar

Hi Ylian had time to study your breakdown, and can see that the mic replacement is not too much hassel.
Noticed two things on that heavy backplate :- a) your heatsink on the back was not making very good contact, (is this the audio chip by any chance ?), and b) there is a spare hole more or less in the centre of that heavy back plate which might accomodate a socket for the mic.

Oskar this might be a place to look for your problem if it is heat related.

kv12

Ready to race!
Since Igo8 R3 supports Aus maps now I guess I'll show my R3 based skin update here.

It features higher contrast day color schemes, and the RNS 510 Loading screen and Navigation Arrow for both 3D and 2D views.

DaveOZ

Ready to race!
Cool it works. Maps are much more accurate and 3D. Using your old skins too kv12. Thanks!!

New skin looks good.

Last edited:

Ylian

Passed Driver's Ed
Heatsink & center hole.

Hi Ylian had time to study your breakdown, and can see that the mic replacement is not too much hassel.
Noticed two things on that heavy backplate :- a) your heatsink on the back was not making very good contact, (is this the audio chip by any chance ?), and b) there is a spare hole more or less in the centre of that heavy back plate which might accomodate a socket for the mic.

Oskar this might be a place to look for your problem if it is heat related.

Hi. About the heat sink not making good contact. There are two screws in the back that tighten the heat sink against the component. So, contact should be excellent because, it's not just about closing the case right. It's pretty tight.

Yes, there is a hole in the center. I figured it's an anti-theft attachment or something, not sure.

Ylian

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
x2 on a link for that skin... looks good! I am partial to the Dimka WRV skin though... it's incredible so far

RedGTI34

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone else notice that their trip computer resets every time you turn the car off and on? Also, I set the building visibility and then it reset to off when I turn my car on again...could it be because my navigation is starting up every time I turn my car on? Is there a way to change this? Does anyone else have this problem? thanks!

davida1234

Also Here is a link to another supplier of 6050 look alike and they have a USB socket on the front where the ipod is on the waywell unit.

http://www.autodvdgps.com/index.php?...roducts_id=387

Is this 6050 the same as the unit we are talking about? Some details and specs seem to be different but the unit is offered for $100 less than the going rate. Additional camera and distance sensors are offered at very reasonable prices.

David

warhead

Passed Driver's Ed
Also Here is a link to another supplier of 6050 look alike and they have a USB socket on the front where the ipod is on the waywell unit.

http://www.autodvdgps.com/index.php?...roducts_id=387

Is this 6050 the same as the unit we are talking about? Some details and specs seem to be different but the unit is offered for $100 less than the going rate. Additional camera and distance sensors are offered at very reasonable prices.

David

Nope, it's a "look alike" - different unit altogether from what I see

mrx

Connoisseur
Car(s)
2007 CW Golf GTI 5dr
Hi guys in Australia, Navteq have released the maps for V 8.3.xxxx Link here for Prog and Maps
]http://www.gpsunderground.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6062

Thanks for the heads up. This new version resolves the only couple of complaints I had with the old version:

- It is now possible to force TTS to say the street names instead of the route number.

- 3D buildings now actually work.

- Camera alerts (depending on the skin) can be customised to only give an alert once at a predefined distance, rather than that annoying beeping.

Now there's more skins to choose from, but I kind of like the default skin for its simplicity (rather than fiddly little half transparent buttons all over the screen).

whoyeah

Posted this in other thread as well but....All of my buttons and knobs are not illuminating RED even with the light switch on or off. The main screen dims but still NO lights?? Anyone else have this problem? Any "fixes" for this? I have had it installed for like 2 hrs??? grrr