GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W6050 only this thread

timj

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 GTI
mrx, taking a look a the photos Ylian posted (thanks by the way) and the mic that you said worked best for you.

I assume you just soldered the mic's red lead to the existing mic location, where did you solder the black (ground i presume) lead onto the board?

Yup, both to the board. Be careful as the pads are pretty small and you gunna need a very fine tipped soldering iron, not too much heat or you could lift a track. From memory, if your looking at the rear of the board the left hand pad is posivite and the right hand one negative. If you have a multimeter just check the ground, assuming you leave it all connected :wink:

It is an easy mod if you take your time, some solder wick or suction pump to remove solder is the only other thing you may need.

Good luck.

Fastest1

Just Got my Unit back from jithk (ebay seller) for warranty repairs, touch screen failure, now works perfectly again... my vw is back in action! all up it took over a month but at least it got fixed!

pm140

Hi all

A general but important question:

What is your opinion for the sound quality in radio and CP/MP3?
Are you satisfied ?

Thanks.

Jayro

Old Newbie
For pm140 Sound quality

Very happy on sound quality :-
was listening to a Bett Midler track on FM with a good signal and the sound was Excellent.
MP3 is relative to the recording quality I consider it Very Good.

brian905

I got an email from Fish at Waywell with a tracking number indicating it was shipped out today. I hope that the improved unit was shipped. I asked him but no response :iono:

Last edited:

dr_ehabatif

Passed Driver's Ed
waiting

I got an email from Fish at Waywell with a tracking number indicating it was shipped out today. i hope that the improved unit was shipped. I asked him but no response :iono:

we are all waiting for a nice review about the new can bus interface and the steering wheel controller buttons condition too.

hurry up man

bazzle

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MY08 R32 Silver 3dr
i talked to audiosources to day after they shipped my as7301 .
and bad news -for me- the new version with the improved canbus is available on stock now
2 days after i bought mine . thats a huge disapointment.

any how i wanna really know the condition of the steering wheel buttons during music , radio, and mp3 and phone play back guys ? i really dont know that and i asked many times and i didnt get a response. just to see if it worth it seeling this one as new and ordering a new one .

please please somone answer me. thanks

All you seek is in this thread earlier. Buttons do mute, volume and well thats all I use .

The unit is only a hand distance away so I use the touchscreen all the time.
Not really an issue to get uptight about:smile:

Bazzle

mrx

Connoisseur
Car(s)
2007 CW Golf GTI 5dr
1st thanks to Ylian for your work, this has opened the door for a lot of mods ect.
As lots of people want the mic improved, and dont want to dabble with the soldering iron would improving the sound path to the mic be a solution ?
It looks easy to remove the black trim face and by drilling a patteren of holes,(and not spoiling the appearance) the mic should have a better pick up.
The mic in Ylians photos cetainly looks to have a much bigger pic up area.
Perhaps you could comment Ylian as you have had a peep at it.

No. From my experimentation the mic is the main problem. It is ridiculously small (about 1/4 of the volume) compared to your average electret mic insert. Originally I tried relocating the original mic to the OEM position, where it is much less obstructed. It did improve marginally, but was still pretty woeful. Maybe an alternative would be to just to replace the mic insert on the board, but obviously you'd still need to solder it, and I doubt a bigger one would fit, which is probably why they went with the size they did in the first place.

MastaG

Hey everyone, I managed to get my missing iPod cable from Fish Lee. When the dispute was lodged with Paypal he decided to send me the cable. However, he was not very repentant about it, even claiming I somehow lost the cable and that he was doing me a favour by sending me a new one. I would like to say thanks to Oskar for offering to send me the cable as well, despite him not having any obligation to do so :) I would also just like to say what an awesome community this is. I have learned everything I know about Waywell products from this forum!

Jayro

Old Newbie
Update of IGO 8.3.xxxxx for Aus

Hi guys in Australia, Navteq have released the maps for V 8.3.xxxx Link here for Prog and Maps
]http://www.gpsunderground.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6062

Last edited:

Oskar

Ready to race!
I need a little help here.

I have a customer who purchased one of the Audiosources radios and cannot get support. I am talking to the factory but I thought that I saw something here on the thread about it as we went along. The radio is shutting down after about 30 minutes. Then when rebooted it works again as normal and then will shut down again. it is happening in all modules.

I am a little at a loss , any ideas out there?

timj

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 GTI
Quick question for the tech guys, what input can these units handle from reversing camera ? PAL or NTSC or does it not matter, wifes is out with the car atm, seem to recall being able to choose the input, about to buy one online so wannaa make sure I get the right one.

Tim

Jayro

Old Newbie
Shutting down

It may be stating the obvious, but I would bet on something overheating, it should not be hard to find (probably around the power supply) and any good radio repair shop (local hopefully) would find and fix this right away. If it is in the chips it will be a wee bit more difficult but I would bet on a component such as a resistor, capacitator or diode.
we used to use a freeze spray to trace faults like this.

Jayro

Old Newbie
For timj Pal /NTSC

The unit does not say in the hand book. But most cameras give out both switchable (select switch) and that does not seem to command a price premium.
Has anyone got a camera fitted ? can you come back and tell us how you ran the signal wires through the car?, post some pics and give us some detail