GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why should I get APR HPFP instead of Autotech?

ssunnylee24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 CW DSG GTI
Whens the last time you saw someone post a thread about aftermarket HPFP failing?

Autotech is fine, they are actually have a sale, 20% off on their 400$ kit. 330$ shipped I think.

BoardSnow6

Banned
Car(s)
Capita Scaremaster
In for info as well. Im going from stock to APR 2+ and as well dont wnt any headaches... My MKV is my DD

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
not to sound like an apr fanboi, but i do honestly believe that the failure rate of their pumps is much lower than any others.

True, just becuz someone has an Apr pump and says they love doesn't make them a fanboi but I really like mine. And Apr I don't know if anyone has had an Apr pump fail. If correct me if I'm wrong.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
You guys are making posts based on assumptions not facts.
Fact: BSH and others have installed numerous Autotech pumps with just as many reliable miles as any APR pumps.(a shop in town has a ton of them installed for years with no problems including one of the owners A3's whom drives very hard). BSH even came on here alittle bit ago vouching for the quality of the Autotech pumps and why they use them.
Fact: No one has proven the APR pump to be of a better design than other companies. In none of the hpfp threads has provided info that supports why one pump is of better design than another. The fact that APR is assembling the new internals and pumps with knowledgable techs rules out the majority of failures that would come from improper installation of new internals from the other companies I see more failures on here from diy'ers trying to save money and probably don't properly install new internals in a clean enviroment. BSH and others have just as many hard run miles on an Autotech pump big turbo or other, that proves they are reliable.
Stating that one is more reliable than the other is absurd. The Autotech pump even states on outside of box that you need to be aware that this upgrade can cause premature failure of factory parts and more maintinence might be required due to the increased pump pressure.
I have seen failures on APR pumps too. Point being both are reliable upgrade options, don't buy into the hype of the APR pump being the only viable option. Both APR and Autotech make valid reliable hpfp upgrade options. Go with whomever you have had better service with bjt don't not buy Autotech because some uniformed people tell you APR is better. Call BSH and ask them why they feel/use Autotech vs others and search threads on here as to why both are viable options

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
how about in the long term? that's the only thing i am worried about, I am a little paranoid too,that's the problem......I have friends that have kmd and autotech and swear by their pump that they have the same quality pump as APR,but i dont know what to think anymore

I would listen to your friends and the people whom are actually running the hardware and have first hand exp with the products, not random thoughts of people on an internet forum, including myself:thumbsup: I bought an Autotech pump after reading threads and talking with companies and customers whom have knowledge and exp with both. Bottom line is that is a company like BSH and others use their pumps without fail, the product can't be so crappy as others have stated.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
I would listen to your friends and the people whom are actually running the hardware and have first hand exp with the products, not random thoughts of people on an internet forum, including myself:thumbsup: I bought an Autotech pump after reading threads and talking with companies and customers whom have knowledge and exp with both. Bottom line is that is a company like BSH and others use their pumps without fail, the product can't be so crappy as others have stated.

I guess its personal preference man. Some people swear by their auto tech pumps and what not and I agree with you most mechanical failures are due to improper DIY installation of the new internals. I'm no expert at rebuilding the hpfp so I sent mine to Apr for the experts to do it rather than fuckin it up trying to do it myself and in conclusion saving myself a headache and having the pros do it. :)

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
I know it has been a debate between the two

it has?

but i really want something that is the best for my car

then get the APR, it really isn't even a question if you're using that kind of reasoning :thumbsup:

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Apr is on sale too go to their site I think their sale ends the Jan 7 iirc

You guys are making posts based on assumptions not facts.
Fact: BSH and others have installed numerous Autotech pumps with just as many reliable miles as any APR pumps.(a shop in town has a ton of them installed for years with no problems including one of the owners A3's whom drives very hard). BSH even came on here alittle bit ago vouching for the quality of the Autotech pumps and why they use them.
Fact: No one has proven the APR pump to be of a better design than other companies. In none of the hpfp threads has provided info that supports why one pump is of better design than another. The fact that APR is assembling the new internals and pumps with knowledgable techs rules out the majority of failures that would come from improper installation of new internals from the other companies I see more failures on here from diy'ers trying to save money and probably don't properly install new internals in a clean enviroment. BSH and others have just as many hard run miles on an Autotech pump big turbo or other, that proves they are reliable.
Stating that one is more reliable than the other is absurd. The Autotech pump even states on outside of box that you need to be aware that this upgrade can cause premature failure of factory parts and more maintinence might be required due to the increased pump pressure.
I have seen failures on APR pumps too. Point being both are reliable upgrade options, don't buy into the hype of the APR pump being the only viable option. Both APR and Autotech make valid reliable hpfp upgrade options. Go with whomever you have had better service with bjt don't not buy Autotech because some uniformed people tell you APR is better. Call BSH and ask them why they feel/use Autotech vs others and search threads on here as to why both are viable options

this is a very good response

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
I guess its personal preference man. Some people swear by their auto tech pumps and what not and I agree with you most mechanical failures are due to improper DIY installation of the new internals. I'm no expert at rebuilding the hpfp so I sent mine to Apr for the experts to do it rather than fuckin it up trying to do it myself and in conclusion saving myself a headache and having the pros do it. :)
Personal preference or not doesn't invalidate the quality of the Autotech pump. I believe you were basically saying the same thing as I was. I completely agree with the avenue you pursued, and if I was in your situation would have done exactly the same thing and went APR. In my case I grew up in a shop with an ase certified father/mechanic. In the past 10 years, I basically have been exclusively working on my personal vehicles, or friends in the vw/audi community. Plus I still have access to many of those resourceses from being in the wholesale side of th car biz for so long. Thus I went Autotech as I still have access t some pros to help me along. I'm not personally the best wrench turner out there, I can get the job done well but might take me a bit longer, but I've still picked up a thing or two here and ther along the way over the years.:wink:
this is a very good response
Thank you and sorry for the semi drugged/drunken typos in the response. Dying root on my wisdom tooth and was at families house for holiday, had glass wine with some pills in system, got bored checked forum on phone, you can figure out the rest from there lol:biggrin: can't get to the oral surgeon untill wed because of the holidays but meh ill live. I just don't want you or other people making decisions based on false info or unsubstantiated claims. Autotech was around the vw/audi performance business for about 14 years before APR was even founded. So in other words they know their stuff pretty well just like APR does. Good luck in your stage 2+ upgrade, can't wait to install my pump and get my new flash.:happyanim: