GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why should I get APR HPFP instead of Autotech?

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Btw in original response I meant to say un informed people tell you apr is better not uniformed hehe

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
From what i see you are a APR fanatic,If i were you I would probably say the same thing.

not an APR fanatic but i recognize the fact that ima have less headaches and bullshit with my pump that the next guy with his non apr pump. if u got the stock pump do the rebuild, its only $551 and its even tested for you and shipped back.:thumbsup:

not an APR fanatic but i recognize the fact that ima have less headaches and bullshit with my pump that the next guy with his non apr pump. if u got the stock pump do the rebuild, its only $551 and its even tested for you and shipped back.:thumbsup:

it's 551 plus 100 to get the pump,i need to drive my car everyday,i am not gonna wait 2 weeks,and that's not including shipping,so around,so that's still around 650-700$,i rather just pay 944 then,like i said,if it's necessary i will buy the apr pump,but even if i buy it i am always gonna think that apr's products are overpriced and they have so many customers mostly because they hunt the forums all the time,i am not saying they're not good,but i dont like that stuff.....i mean i have unitronic software,i didnt go with unitronic because they told me it's the best,i did it because i got facts from people having it and loving it,if i were to ask someone random about what chip to get,they would proly say apr right? because it's the best? that's what they heard.......this is just an example,same thing goes for the fuel pump,i need someone to tell me they had the autotech pump for this many miles without problems......and i will buy it because i dont wanna spend that much for a pump,otherwise i will buy the most expensive pump in the world,lol

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
it's 551 plus 100 to get the pump,i need to drive my car everyday,i am not gonna wait 2 weeks,and that's not including shipping,so around,so that's still around 650-700$,i rather just pay 944 then,like i said,if it's necessary i will buy the apr pump,but even if i buy it i am always gonna think that apr's products are overpriced and they have so many customers mostly because they hunt the forums all the time,i am not saying they're not good,but i dont like that stuff.....i mean i have unitronic software,i didnt go with unitronic because they told me it's the best,i did it because i got facts from people having it and loving it,if i were to ask someone random about what chip to get,they would proly say apr right? because it's the best? that's what they heard.......this is just an example,same thing goes for the fuel pump,i need someone to tell me they had the autotech pump for this many miles without problems......and i will buy it because i dont wanna spend that much for a pump,otherwise i will buy the most expensive pump in the world,lol

where do you get the other $100 from ? and it takes about a week man not 2. this is turning more of a rant thread about the price and wait of a certain companys products. all i did was let you know what u asked in your original post and i gave my 0.02 and whatnot. you say u want truth and people who have ran the autotech and apr pumps without problems ive had mine for a while, no issues. i did the rebuild and it took a week or so and spent a little more than the autotech kit costs for peace of mind. simple....

where do you get the other $100 from ? and it takes about a week man not 2. this is turning more of a rant thread about the price and wait of a certain companys products. all i did was let you know what u asked in your original post and i gave my 0.02 and whatnot. you say u want truth and people who have ran the autotech and apr pumps without problems ive had mine for a while, no issues. i did the rebuild and it took a week or so and spent a little more than the autotech kit costs for peace of mind. simple....

i got the 100$ for a used pump,most of the people here have only one car

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
i got the 100$ for a used pump,most of the people here have only one car

:word: i used my wifes car but i feel your pain dude, use public tranportation it wont cost $100 to use it for a week or depending how far u live from work carpool it up man. when theres a will, i'll find a way lol

604GTI

#yoloSWAG
OP seems like you have your mind made up then get the Autotech, we are just here to tell you that we've had good experiences with the APR pump, thats all.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
OP seems like you have your mind made up then get the Autotech, we are just here to tell you that we've had good experiences with the APR pump, thats all.

x2

Kiser10

Das Boost
Car(s)
'06 GTI
I've had nothing but a good experience with my autotech. I definitely wouldn't hesitate to buy another one or endorse one either.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Here are a few points that I believe puts our design above our competition.

Development with the HPFP starting soon after the 2.0T FSI hit the market. This was at the request of VWoA for use in their R-GTI. After bringing our product to the market, some of our competition simply halted their programs.

We are the only HPFP manufacturer for the 2.0T FSI, besides the OEM distributor, Hitachi, who actually tests the fuel pump before shipping it out to our customers. This even applies to other non VAG HPFP markets using the hitachi design!

We are the only HPFP manufacturer to use a full piston design rather than a stepped piston design, which lesses the chances for side loading and siezure.

A couple of our competitors do not retain the OEM pivoting button on top of the fuel pump, which will increase the chances of side loading and stamping though the cam follower.

We are the only aftermarket HPFP manufacturer that changes not only the piston and bore, but also all of the seals, washers, fastener, and the spring.

The seals have been replaced to lessen any chance of leaking fuel.

The spring has been replaces because the weight of the piston has changed.

The Highest HP members on this board, and the fastest/quickest 1/4th members on this board use our pump. This includes our stage 3 customers, and the 'do it yourself' customers. Sever have switched to our design after having failures with our competition.

To note on High HP applications. Members with the following turbos use our pump: k03, k04, gt28rs, gt2871, gt3071, gt3076, gt35. The highest application is well over 610 WHP!

Volkswagen of America runs our fuel pump and has since 2006.

Volkswagen of Germany runs our fuel pump on their Scirocco GT24 Race cars

We are a TIER ONE Supplier of our HPFP to SEAT Sport in Europe for their motorsport teams

The Three APR Motorsport vehicles have beat the crap out of our HPFP since day one of competition which started in december of 2007! They have never once changed the HPFP and the spare sits unopened in the trailer.

Each and every pump is built in house at APR. The pump is tested before being rebuilt to ensure it's operating properly as to not replace a part on a car that's unneeded. The pump is then rebuilt, and retested again. The pump is broken in on our test pump machine and verified to ensure there are no problems with the pump before it ever touches a customers car. Finally after these numbers are recorded, the pump is serialized and shipped out to the customer. I can even point you to posts where a Diesel HPFP industry insider has indicated our testing procedure matches much of what goes on in their own operations.

----

Anyways, those are just a few reasons why you can put faith behind our design. Since it's built and tested by us, you have no reason to fear failure upon instillation. You're in good hands!

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
^^^ well put

Id like to think the engineers working on your fuel pump at APR will put it together correctly compared to Joe Schmo who thinks hes a mechanic. These things have such tight tolerances i wouldnt wanna mess with it.

Sure save 200 now or 300 now, but when shit screws up, you have to buy another hpfp and then another rebuild?

ChefMKV

Will Cook For Parts
Car(s)
GTI
why is it that autotech suggests to upgrade to camshaft B, and APR Doesnt?

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Id like to think the engineers working on your fuel pump at APR will put it together correctly compared to Joe Schmo who thinks hes a mechanic. These things have such tight tolerances i wouldnt wanna mess with it.

Sure save 200 now or 300 now, but when shit screws up, you have to buy another hpfp and then another rebuild?

good point man...:clap: