Car(s)
Jetta

my car if I did 35 all around.

the same 35 on another car

fucking angles!

miss0033

Ready to race!
Nintendo dude;

Fellow minnesotan here with 4 tint tickets. You can and will be pulled over in minnesota for JUST tint. 50% on front, back windows and rear windsheild. Front windshield CANNOT be tinted I guarantee you will get F***ed if you do that.

Also 50% is hadly worth tinting, and 30% is pointless to pay because within 6 months you will be taking it off. 2 tint tickets without a fix with resonable time inbetween is a more severe offense.

State Patrol here hardly cares, its suburban police I ALWAYS have problems with. I got tagged doing 66 in a 60, got a tint ticket (not a fix-it an actual moving violation).

Just to give oyu an idea. I can send you pictures of what a 50% tint looks like if youd prefer.

Haggisman14

Cram V
Car(s)
CW 2 Door
search for DanGSR's car. He's got 50% all the way around, and IMO, it looks great!

nintendodude

Banned
Car(s)
Jetta
sure, that would be good.

can they pull you over for tint, or just ticket you if they pull you over for something else?

I see so many assholes out there with dark ass tint...

doublevanosrc

Feeding My Fast daily
feeling the urge for window tint. I tend to drive like a chubby cock and I am sick of people being able to see me grin like a dipshit while I am in action..
:bellyroll:

miss0033

Ready to race!
sure, that would be good.

can they pull you over for tint, or just ticket you if they pull you over for something else?

I see so many assholes out there with dark ass tint...

See my post above.

In MN for trucks, anything behind your shoulds can be as dark as you want. Cars 50% all the way around. I have been pulled over for just tint leaving a movie theater (after the new Batman Movie on opening night). I have been pulled over on the highway for tint after being followed for 2-3 miles (494). Its weak, but hey, its the law.

:FunkDudious

dressed as Jesus!
here's a better look at 50% on my entire windshield.. that's was taken around noon in the hot Cali sunlight. Only time you will feel a difference is during the night when it cuts down the glare of the lights. The top angle doesnt show much, but from a low angle you can kind of tell. Sorry the pics are huge!

Attachments

• DSC00573.jpg
    DSC00573.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 556
  • DSC00580.jpg
    DSC00580.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 648

Nebooby

Ready to race!
Car(s)
09 mk5
I think you should tint every window... State law is BS anyways just don't be doing anything illegal in your jetta... if you get a ticket you can take a photoshoped photo, with a more recent date, take it to court and tell them you re-moved it and it wont cost you anything but time.... I have 20% all over and 35% on my front window. my state law says 35% and darker is illegal but ive been stoped twice in 5 years with tint.. that was by the same cop BTW... here is my 35 front window...

Attachments

• gti2.jpg
    gti2.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 538

nintendodude

Banned
Car(s)
Jetta
I think you should tint every window... State law is BS anyways just don't be doing anything illegal in your jetta... if you get a ticket you can take a photoshoped photo, with a more recent date, take it to court and tell them you re-moved it and it wont cost you anything but time.... I have 20% all over and 35% on my front window. my state law says 35% and darker is illegal but ive been stoped twice in 5 years with tint.. that was by the same cop BTW... here is my 35 front window...

what an asswipe.

doublevanosrc

Feeding My Fast daily
Tint is a must and should be the first mod on ANY car.

miss0033

Ready to race!
Wow a tinted front windsheild, I really hope you dont do ANY rural driving at night!

In all honesty I cannot justy the $200 for a tint I am going to have to remove in less than 6 months. I HAVE been pulled over for just tint, more than once. Second stop on same car was a pretty severe fine, and Had to physically bring my car to police station to show it was legal. I dont know where people are telling you about bringing in a photo. In Hennipen county I had to actually bring the car in.

nintendodude

Banned
Car(s)
Jetta
MN is real picky about speeding and tint, but they dont seem to do jackshit about drunk driving, overly aggressive driving, illegal passing, all the beggers on the street or anything of any importance. they go for the easiest shit, catch all the little violations and bask in how well they are doing.

I fucking hate those assholes.

miss0033

Ready to race!
MN is real picky about speeding and tint, but they dont seem to do jackshit about drunk driving, overly aggressive driving, illegal passing, all the beggers on the street or anything of any importance. they go for the easiest shit, catch all the little violations and bask in how well they are doing.

I fucking hate those assholes.

I am going to disagree with your post. I have gotten off speeding 82 in a 65 before with a warning. They are very strict on drunk driving. I have 2 friends with DWIs they got recently and deservedly so. What are you honestly going to do about beggars.. The thing I would like to see them crack down on is the Idiots are their street bikes. I told one cop that if I hit a guy doing a wheelie while going 95 and passing on the center line down 94 I cannot be held liable. I can see these f**kers come screaming up behind me... ugh, but thats a different topic.

Cops are just trying to enforce the law. The law is for saftey when they pull someone over. State troopers when I had tint, I would roll down the window, turn off the music, turn on the dome lights and put my hands on the wheel. I dont remember ever getting a ticket any of the 3 times I was pulled over by state. City on the other hand, I can do all that and they still dont like me. BUt what are you going to do. If you are breaking the law, you are breaking the law. Just be smart.

If you get an illegal tint, expect to be pulled over. If you speed, expect to be pulled over. If you street race, expect to get caught. Most of this should go without saying. Some guys street race and are fine with the penalties, some guys have rediculous tint because they are fine with the penalites. You do what you want. I am just trying to give you a heads up so you know what to expect.