GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Window tint - price and 50%

nintendodude

Banned
Car(s)
Jetta
I know what to expect, my problem is that they enforce the easy laws. There are asshole bikers around that tear through our 55 MPH country road 90+ MPH, and then I see bumperstickers:

How the fuck could I miss you, asshole! you broke the fucking sound barrier 20 feet from my house?!

That, and asswipes who always pass on the right in a right turn lane. they never get caught - but coast down a hille 8 MPH too fast, and you're fucked.

nintendodude

Banned
Car(s)
Jetta
LOL @ legal tints.

well, I don't need to attract any more attention to myself while hauling ass down the highway (just like the assholes on the bikes, I know - i'm a hypocrite) - that is why I ditched the rice lights. would heavy tint really help my case at all?

I will SEE how 50% LOOKS AND GO FROM THERE whoops caps lock tURNED ON by accidENT

50% is really nothing. cars come with 70% tint stock, and with my 35% tint you can still partially see my face during the day. getting 50% tint for $200+ is going to be the worst investment you've ever made in your life.

nintendodude

Banned
Car(s)
Jetta
50% is really nothing. cars come with 70% tint stock, and with my 35% tint you can still partially see my face during the day. getting 50% tint for $200+ is going to be the worst investment you've ever made in your life.

thank you for putting it in perspective. still worth taking a look, though.

why does MN have to be so gay about the tint law!?

if I had a tiguan, I could go dark legally :)

nintendodude

Banned
Car(s)
Jetta
wow, I just talked to my BMW nuts friend, lots of useful info

Tim the tint man can do it for 170 w/ lifetime warrenty

Go to your optometrist and tell your doctor that you are taking some medication that makes you photosensitive and need tint + sunglasses to drive undistracted. Show him the MN statute that lets you have tint with a prescription. He must specify the "lowest percentage" number value that you can use as well as dates of expiration (2 yrs)

nintendodude

Banned
Car(s)
Jetta
our chat, LOL

Erik
hey!
what do you think about window tint? what is on the BMW?
3:33pmEric
15% on the audi, 35% on the bmw. i hate the BMW's tint
3:33pmErik
christ
3:33pmEric
tim the tint man does it on the side $150 flat rate
3:34pmErik
I was looking at 260 w/ lifetime warranty
that sounds... better.
any idea how I would contact this "tim"?
also, what about tickets? MN legal limit is 50% and I am ascared
3:36pmEric
612 242 6668. He uses his friend's tint shop to do side jobs. Scheduling is less that perfect..but it only takes him about 1.5 hrs
If he fucks anything up he will fix it for free. nice guy.
3:37pmErik
warrenty?
3:38pmEric
i dont recall his exact words, but I think he will fix issues.

Go to your optometrist and tell your doctor that you are taking some medication that makes you photosensitive and need tint + sunglasses to drive undistracted. Show him the MN statute that lets you have tint with a prescription. He must specify the "lowest percentage" number value that you can use as well as dates of expiration (2 yrs)
3:42pmErik
OMG!
thats fucking awesome!
3:42pmEric
Yeah
3:42pmErik
I just called the guy up, great deal!
3:43pmEric
You can still get pulled over for it, and the officer MAY NOT believe your prescription is legit. but if you get cited, just contest it. Your prescription will hold up in court.
Just make sure you carry it. Laminate it. It looks more professional.
3:44pmErik
are you fucking serious
is this what you do
3:45pmEric
is what what I do?
3:45pmErik
have a phoney perscription so you can have massive tint?
3:45pmEric
Yes, every single one of my friends has it
I have a friend who is a cop
And btw i've only been pulled over for tint once, and it was because I was goign to a street race and 3 of us looked suspicious LOL
he nailed me for tint even with the prescription because all 3 of us had a prescription for tint.. he did it out of suspicion. But it has gotten me off scott free 3 other times when they've asked to see the note

travishamockery

Ready to race!
What are you getting tint for? If you're getting it for looks, you won't be happy with 50%. If you are getting it for what it's meant for then 50% is good. It will block UV rays and protect your cars interior. If you want tint for some looks and protection w/o attracting the law, go for something more conservative like 35%. I have that here in jersey and I've had it on my 03 A4, my 07 335, and I have it now on my new GTI. No issues with the fuzz at all. When I had my 04 R32 I had 20% and was getting tickets left and right here in jersey. they are a pain like in MN here, ticket you left and right for tints. 35% seems to be the magic number though as far as tint is concerned.

nintendodude

Banned
Car(s)
Jetta
What are you getting tint for? If you're getting it for looks, you won't be happy with 50%. If you are getting it for what it's meant for then 50% is good. It will block UV rays and protect your cars interior. If you want tint for some looks and protection w/o attracting the law, go for something more conservative like 35%. I have that here in jersey and I've had it on my 03 A4, my 07 335, and I have it now on my new GTI. No issues with the fuzz at all. When I had my 04 R32 I had 20% and was getting tickets left and right here in jersey. they are a pain like in MN here, ticket you left and right for tints. 35% seems to be the magic number though as far as tint is concerned.

I was thinking 35, LOL.

miss0033

Ready to race!
Man, if I was a cop and pulled somebody over for speeding or something and was going to give them a warning, but asked about tint, if they busted out some phoney Rx for having dark tint, I'd for SURE write the speeding ticket but thats me. Sounds fishy.

Every since I dropped the tint altogether, gotten more warnings, havent gotten a ticket at all since no tint (knock on wood), and garner a LOT less attention. Not to mention the random ricer that pulls up next to me. See the lack of tint, and realizes I have no interest in balding my tires at the stoplight. Could be total coincidence, but nothing much has changed other than tint.

benihana-defunct

Passed Driver's Ed
I think you should tint every window... State law is BS anyways just don't be doing anything illegal in your jetta... if you get a ticket you can take a photoshoped photo, with a more recent date, take it to court and tell them you re-moved it and it wont cost you anything but time.... I have 20% all over and 35% on my front window. my state law says 35% and darker is illegal but ive been stoped twice in 5 years with tint.. that was by the same cop BTW... here is my 35 front window...

Tint and FRAUD! great idea......

I think you should tint every window... State law is BS anyways just don't be doing anything illegal in your jetta... if you get a ticket you can take a photoshoped photo, with a more recent date, take it to court and tell them you re-moved it and it wont cost you anything but time.... I have 20% all over and 35% on my front window. my state law says 35% and darker is illegal but ive been stoped twice in 5 years with tint.. that was by the same cop BTW... here is my 35 front window...

woah there buddy. i don't know how they do it in tennessee but here you can't just bring some picture of your car to show the tints are off. gotta take it to chp, they check it out in person, write the ticket off, then you go to court and show the ticket.

fucking photoshop and shit...

GTIzzle07

NY Dubz
Car(s)
2007 GTI
i paid 150 w life time warrantee for all the windows including the strip in the windshield. anything over 200 with out a life time warrantee sucks, sorry dude.

i have 40% in front and 5% on the back 3 (i used to have 5% all around but got pulled over 7 times)
the accord has 35% all around. oh and my driver window was open a lil so it illuminated it somewhat.

i know its a lil light but at night its nicely dark, if kinda grown out of tint too, plus cops are much less likely to pull u over.