GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W6050 only this thread

timj

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 GTI
Ylian, just to add this same setup works fine for iPhone 3G as well, been using it for the last 3 weeks... Actually sold my ipod to one of the other guys on here. It is a pity I cannot find a cable in black though :(

Nice video of it all working too. The ipod cable I got off ebay http://cgi.ebay.com.au/AV-TV-Video-...h=item360141700125&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262 works fine for around AUD$15 landed...

Ref your reversing camera I bought one of THESE off of Ebay, around AUD$44 delivered ans it works very well, but I ran the cable under the side mouldings and out under the rear carpet, no wire hanging... I like the camera as it sits above the number plate and used the small bung hole between the plate lights, could not be happier, no drilling holes a big bonus lol.

Tim.

Last edited:

petrutms

Developer
to Ylian, here you have what i find about the usb on mesada board, based on arm920processor. The j6 pins un motherboard are useless, i connected them to usb and doesnt work. I found too late these images, and i`ll not open the device again ! You can connect the gps board to usb 100%.

I`ll upload later the firmware file (.bin), it contains everything but gps, of course. Still can`t find a way to decompile, missing chipset ( zoran 966U) docs.

here you have the firmware :
http://rapidshare.com/files/215655406/7301update20081226.rar.html

Last edited:

Jayro

Old Newbie
Flashing Red light

Hi petrutms did you spot the flashing red led on the gps board (I think, as i view it outside the case) Is to indicate gps signal is available, or maybe something else ?

petrutms

Developer
no, sorry, didn`t noticed any flashing led. maybe because the antenna was disconnected when i tested usb?

also, anyone wants this,

download this 2 files and put them with total commander in $MSD$/App folder on nandflash
http://rapidshare.com/files/215657439/tc.rar.html

i use this tweak to play with igo ( skins, branding.zip, i always have a workin folder and a test one), it saves you from going from car to pc .. if you dont have laptop :)

Also, anyone with the ugly old interface ( see my previous posts - the blue, green skins), pm me and i`ll give you instructions to change completely the launcher to this one.

mrx

Connoisseur
Car(s)
2007 CW Golf GTI 5dr
According to the circuit diagrams posted by Oskar earlier in this thread, the J6 connection on the main board connects directly to the USB port of the Zoran chip, rather than the USB of the GPS board. The zoran chip also has a serial connection that would normally be used for programming. ie. loading in/extracting a memory dump. How exactly did you extract the .bin file? Activesync through the USB, or some other utility? Are you referring to the bin file of the zoran chip or the GPS chip?

Jayro

Old Newbie
Hello from Russia!

I want to install WD-6050 on Tiguan (2008 year) instead of RCD-300. Could anyone say to me, is it compatible with Tiguan? Can you show me a any installation scheme of WD-6050?

Also my friend had installed a WD-6050 to Passat B6. Very funny - device not see a key (ACC) via the CAN. He can turn ON and OFF with key in hole and without key. :) And WD-6050 doesn't turn off when he stop and get out a key.

Answer to 1st question, is that your Tiguan should not be a problem, see the connection info on page 60.

Answer to point 2, is this seems to be a technical fault with the model 6051 on the canbus system and several people are waiting on an answer from the manufacturer (Thomas at Maisun)

Hello from Russia!

I want to install WD-6050 on Tiguan (2008 year) instead of RCD-300. Could anyone say to me, is it compatible with Tiguan? Can you show me a any installation scheme of WD-6050?

Also my friend had installed a WD-6050 to Passat B6. Very funny - device not see a key (ACC) via the CAN. He can turn ON and OFF with key in hole and without key. :) And WD-6050 doesn't turn off when he stop and get out a key.
Hello Russia - Alex_rus , greetings from Perth , Australia.
I have a 2008 Tiguan and have fitted the latest version 6501 unit purchased from Oskaramerica on ebay . Take the time to read all the other posts for tips . The install is very easy .Try mytiguan.com , there is a good install pdf on there. The only issue I have at the moment is the key function for on/off not working . Oskar (Joe) is waiting for the factory to provide an answer , watch the forum for the solution.
Before you install the unit make sure you have ,
1. GPS antenna right angle adaptor (or solder a new right angle one on as I did)
2. TV antenna right angle adaptor (if you are fitting tv antenna)
3. Fakra twin adaptor (advancedice.com.au) or similar as per previous posts. The Tiguan has two black antenna cables so try swapping both to get best reception.
4. If you are married or have a girlfriend make sure you let her know you will be busy for a few days as even if you have no problems these units are fun to play with and you can spend lots of time in your car. ( and on this forum )

Regards Gary

Alex_Rus

Ready to race!
Thank you Jayro and Gary!

I hope I can install it properly. I'm not sure that I will get WD-6051 :) Because my seller doesn't know about different modifications, he buy it on factory directly.

It's funny - device is fully compatible with PQ35 platform, but IT is reason for ON/OFF problem. I think it's mean that device is NOT fully compatible. :)

Maybe you know - if I will connect ACC wire to ACC signal, then I can solve problem? Phonocar has a CAN-adapter with detecting of many signals or adapter with only ACC signal detection.

And if factory will solve this problem - how I can update my device without opening it?

PS: And I think that I will spend a lot of time in car with wife together. :)))

mrx

Connoisseur
Car(s)
2007 CW Golf GTI 5dr
Just to add to the confusion, my "first breed" Waywell unit also has a model number sticker on the outside of MT-6501. Inside, the boards are labeled AS-7301.

FAS777

Go Hard, Or Go home
Car(s)
2007 Golf GTI MKV
guys got my unit off oskar today. install was pretty easy but my battery keeps going flat ?? am i missing something here ? as soon as i unplug the unit my car turns on perfectly no click, click ,click.

Jayro

Old Newbie
ACC wire (red)

This wire is only there for non canbus vehicles look at the diag on p60 and the confirmation from Thomas at Maisun.

IT looks like they do not have the canbus signaling right between this unit and the VW central controll unit.

I have a MK1 unit which is supposed to work fully with the volume, mute and phone button, and most do, but on mine the phone cancell does not work (no big deal).It registars as an input and bleeps, but does not carry out the action, the other functions are fine inc phone answer.
Some of the MK2 units are working as per the specification, and others are behaving badly with faults like your friends, and now it appears a new fault has been introduced to us, where it it is interfering with the start signal.

So we are all waiting for an answer and fix from Thomas at Maisun.

Alex_Rus

Ready to race!
Some of the MK2 units are working as per the specification, and others are behaving badly with faults like your friends, and now it appears a new fault has been introduced to us, where it it is interfering with the start signal.
As I understood, all MK2 devices have ON/OFF problem with concrete platforms like Passat B6 and Tiguan (PQ35 and PQ45).

Guys, on page 60 I see only pinouts of std VW radio (like RCD-300). I have ELSA and know it. :) But where I can find pinouts of WD-6050? Only on case of it? I saw photo, but how I can understand what connector is ISO Power, for example?

PS: I will get my device only on next week and want to be ready for installation. :)

Last edited:

florinkn

Audio Menu MFD

If you do not have a MFSW controll then you will have a stalk controll, but this will depend upon the level of your car.
Do you have a full hight Multi Function Display ? (sometimes called Highline model) If you have you should have a stalk controll to cycle through the car menu in the MFD ?
Please explain the level of your car a bit more

I think that I don't have this high Multi Function Display. I made some photos without WD6050 (It is coming only MFD and Setup) and with WD6050 (Now, it is coming also this Audio Meniu).

Setup Meniu has one option: BACK and I can go back to Main Menu.

I have to ask again:

How I come back from Audio Menu to Main Menu?

Attachments

• MainMenuNoAudio.JPG
    MainMenuNoAudio.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 4,445
  • MainMenuAudio.JPG
    MainMenuAudio.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 4,491
  • 01Setttings.JPG
    01Setttings.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 4,439
  • 02Settings.JPG
    02Settings.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 4,465

Oskar

Ready to race!
guys got my unit off oskar today. install was pretty easy but my battery keeps going flat ?? am i missing something here ? as soon as i unplug the unit my car turns on perfectly no click, click ,click.

Hi,

I have your message. I need to get support from the factory (or the forum here) on this and a few other issues but for some reason they are not responding since last Friday. I have sent my Agent after them to find out what is going on. And i have a new order for them and still nothing.

Joe

snguyen

Passed Driver's Ed
As I understood, all MK2 devices have ON/OFF problem with concrete platforms like Passat B6 and Tiguan (PQ35 and PQ45).
I'm getting this with my 2008 MKV Golf GTI aswell, but the strange thing is I didn't get it when I first installed the unit, only after I reinstalled it to add a right angle adapter.

I've got a feeling that maybe something in the cable harness has affected the right canbus signal to power the unit? ... maybe