GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why should I get APR HPFP instead of Autotech?

I know it has been a debate between the two,but i really want something that is the best for my car because i will be going ko4 eventually,i really dont have the money to buy the APR pump right now, but if i have too i will wait,is it really worth to pay 700$ more for the APR? I know their products are at the top, but i rather spend that money on something else if they are almost the same in long term reliability because that is what i am afraid of if i get the autotech pump. :fighting0030:

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Just take off your oem pump and send it to them for rebuild. It's on sale right now for $551. Cuz there are horror stories of the autotech kits along with the kmd kits. I have an Apr rebuild on my gli its worth the extra $150 over the autotech also I've never heard of any Apr pump failing.

604GTI

#yoloSWAG

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Imo you shouldnt. If you have a trained mechanic that knows the vehicle and the HPFP i would go Autotech.

Imo you shouldnt. If you have a trained mechanic that knows the vehicle and the HPFP i would go Autotech.

how about in the long term? that's the only thing i am worried about, I am a little paranoid too,that's the problem......I have friends that have kmd and autotech and swear by their pump that they have the same quality pump as APR,but i dont know what to think anymore

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
dont be cheap

Wahrsager

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Just take off your oem pump and send it to them for rebuild. It's on sale right now for $551. Cuz there are horror stories of the autotech kits along with the kmd kits. I have an Apr rebuild on my gli its worth the extra $150 over the autotech also I've never heard of any Apr pump failing.

Do you know if a CA car will pass smog in stock mode with said modified fuel pump?

DeanCorp

Ready to race!
You shouldn't.. The autotech is better and cheaper!

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
I haven't heard anything bad about the autotech, but very few people are running them so there isn't much data to support the assumption that an autotech pump will be as reliable as a APR one over time. It might be great, but I'd rather chose a product that more people can vouch for, especially since a failure could cause really expensive motor damage.

I *have* heard lots of horror stories for every success story with the kmd pump, so that's definitely a gamble.

I haven't heard of any problems caused by the APR pump other than accelerated cam follower wear, which happens with any aftermarket hpfp. Lots of people run these, so there's a ton of evidence to support the fact that it's a reliable product. I've had mine for about 15k miles with no problems.

RICK_DIZZLE

Banned
Car(s)
07 UG GTI

This makes no sense. How is he supposed to save $$ like this. If something does go wrong. He would have to pay the mechanic to fix. You would be in the same boat price wise and have a headache. I went with a USED APR pump that I got from a buddy. ZERO problems. I did so much reading on this subject I could go for days. In the end a USED APR pump was less of a risk than anything else new. Am I a fan of APR...You bet your ass. Do they do things I don't like YEP. However I don't like to take risks with little things that can screw up my day. Go with the APR rebuild. You wont look back.