GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NEEK's Cobra/Truck IDGAF total BS thread.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
No way. The car is like 17 years old. little things are expected and okay.

I don't even want to know what things go wrong on a 17 year old GTI. Plus, a GTI isn't a blown V8.

Exactly. Previous owner kept up on mechanical, but did not fix the normal cosmetic wear and tear items. Remarkably, the major interior bits are in great shape for the age.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
Well the fucktard who put the Hurst handle on before used enough loctite to prevent me from ever getting it off. Which is really stupid because what if you needed to get behind the stereo or something?

Some people should never own cars.

Loctite on the shift knob? DAFUQ?

Potential very good news coming from Vortech... stand by.

In regards to...?

Maybe that's why he sold it? :iono: :laugh:

:laugh:

His loss, my gain. At least I know what I am doing with a car. It is bizarre to me that there are so many little things that can be fixed, but all the major stuff is damn near perfect.

That's the best car to have. One that's been cared for religiously mechanically, but could use some help in the cosmetics dept. Cosmetics are easy.

No way. The car is like 17 years old. little things are expected and okay.

I don't even want to know what things go wrong on a 17 year old GTI. Plus, a GTI isn't a blown V8.

Dis.

Exactly. Previous owner kept up on mechanical, but did not fix the normal cosmetic wear and tear items. Remarkably, the major interior bits are in great shape for the age.

Yea, that's awesome.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Loctite on the shift knob? DAFUQ?

In regards to...?

:laugh:

That's the best car to have. One that's been cared for religiously mechanically, but could use some help in the cosmetics dept. Cosmetics are easy.

Dis.

Yea, that's awesome.

1 - Yes... there was loctite on the Hurst. I know. Idiotic. It is why I needed a new one.

2 - What exact kit I got. Meaning injectors, pulley, tune, etc.

3 - Yep. Cosmetics are easy. A bunch of them on this car, but easy.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
I find it scary that someone deemed loctite necessary on a shift knob. People that don't know anything about cars do stuff like that. What's the worst thing that happens if the shift knob comes loose? It becomes loose. That's what the jam nut is for. Idiots.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
In4glueknobs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 GolfR, 19 911 GTS
Loctite on a shifter would be okay, but everyone seems to jump right to #271 Red. The #242 or Blue would be fine in 99% of the cases and you can still remove the part with hand tools.

The dipshit previous owner should have used the jam nut that comes with the shift handle, but probably had no idea what it was for. :confused:

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion

ToMMyGuN

Go Kart Champion
OH DANG.

Mine had 107k. But a lot of extras, and the car market we have here. You can find them slightly less, but definitely more beat up.

SC itself is a 5k unit..... I would want that immediately. I paid 1500 more for the car + SC + other things I would get anyways. Still a great deal.

Plus I did not want black. No.

Yeah, and the one I posted has a prior salvage title. You got a screaming deal!

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, and the one I posted has a prior salvage title. You got a screaming deal!

Oh, I had not seen the salvage. Dang.

The one I really wanted sold before I could get it. It was in SoCal. Bright Atlantic Blue, 76k but bone stock. Only 8 grand. In that color I would have taken bone stock.

I'll just paint mine that color. LOL. Anyone got an airbrush??

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Boost gauge purchased, pillar pod ordered.