GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NEEK's Cobra/Truck IDGAF total BS thread.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
is it view able from the the car next to you and glows? if so then congrats +5 points

Well it will not glow.... but I suppose it will be viewable. All gauges are viewable. In any car.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
This car is just stupid fun. No one needs this kind of power, but why the hell would you not want it? Not even full throttle in 2nd gear and the fucker gets sideways with no effort.

SO. MUCH. FUN.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
This car is just stupid fun. No one needs this kind of power, but why the hell would you not want it? Not even full throttle in 2nd gear and the fucker gets sideways with no effort.

SO. MUCH. FUN.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Pillar pod and gauge are in the car. On the seat. Not installed. As are the new ilder and tensioner pulleys.

I have some work to do. First time installing a boost gauge on anything. Hope I don't fuck it up with my epically bad electrical work.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Is it an electronic boost gauge? I always hated running the vac line for mech gauges.

Na, its mechanical. I do like the needles and shit. Especially in a 1998 Cobra. It is an autometer C2...

The blue lighting will match the upgraded LED lights on the stock gauges much better than anything else. Mine is identical to the lit up one. Top one has much higher boost, but you get the idea.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
They make analog electric boost gauges, they're just usually more expensive. The only difference is you'll have an extra vac line to run, and they're not super bendy which can be a pain. Overall, the install isn't bad, doe.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
They make analog electric boost gauges, they're just usually more expensive. The only difference is you'll have an extra vac line to run, and they're not super bendy which can be a pain. Overall, the install isn't bad, doe.

Gotcha. Yeah, the gauge was not too bad on the wallet. Like $75 or so I think. Got it with a few other things at the time.

I still need to yank the wheels for a good cleaning and also to scrub away thew rust on the rotors and hit that with some paint and then do the calipers. As cliche as it is, I will justt go red on the calipers and the do the Cobra raised letters white or silver for good contrast. The rotors will be black though.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Is it an electronic boost gauge? I always hated running the vac line for mech gauges.

I preferred the quicker response of a mechanical gauge (in the GTI)...plus easier to hook up/run.

The only difference is you'll have an extra vac line to run, and they're not super bendy which can be a pain.

Vacuum tubing doesn't have to be stiff. AWE Tuning supplied some thick ass silicone (?) tubing with their gauge....it was super easy to work with & route