GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NEEK's Cobra/Truck IDGAF total BS thread.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Either I suck at googlefu skills or it is kind of hard to find the wheels I want/need. Dafuq.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
NEEK I like your Cobra. Not being a suck up, but I've liked them for awhile. I even have a white one on Forza 4... :laugh:

What is not to like? V8, RWD, DOHC, LSD, simplicity, FI and all in a cheap fun to use package?

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
What is not to like? V8, RWD, DOHC, LSD, simplicity, FI and all in a cheap fun to use package?

Oh I forgot about the LSD... Dang!

I love the exhaust note too. Stock exhaust is incredible.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I mean, compared to new cars it has lots of faults. But in 1998 when it was new it was pretty effing sweet and had some sweet features that a lot did not have.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
I mean, compared to new cars it has lots of faults. But in 1998 when it was new it was pretty effing sweet and had some sweet features that a lot did not have.

I think it's fine. Interior isn't bad at all. I'd take that over a Camaro of that time any day.

Balt21

Ready to race!
OH WOW. I am not alone here. I have made a COBRO for reals. I am very excite.

Paint looks good yo. How the hell do you only have 23,800 on it?? Supercharge that bish and get driving!!!

Mine has quite a few mods, all good ones. It will be painted most likely Grabber Blue by next summer at the latest.

Thanks, man. Yeah the paint/exterior is in pretty good shape. I bought it in August with 23,999 (one owner) miles on it; so I put about 800 on it from August-October (it's stored for winter now).

I'd love to throw some form of boost at it eventually. I watch the classifieds, but I'll probably wait until I have bolt ons and gears done though. I bought a cat back for it today through a Cyber Monday deal.

Nice, I really like Grabber Blue. I bet yours is a blast with 100+ more horsepower haha. There's a local guy with a Bright Atlantic Blue (similar to Grabber Blue) SN95 that's really good looking. It started life as a V6, but now has a LSX in it haha. I actually saw a really similar car to yours when I was looking (white vert with a SC on it), but I really wanted a hard top.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Thanks, man. Yeah the paint/exterior is in pretty good shape. I bought it in August with 23,999 (one owner) miles on it; so I put about 800 on it from August-October (it's stored for winter now).

I'd love to throw some form of boost at it eventually. I watch the classifieds, but I'll probably wait until I have bolt ons and gears done though. I bought a cat back for it today through a Cyber Monday deal.

Nice, I really like Grabber Blue. I bet yours is a blast with 100+ more horsepower haha. There's a local guy with a Bright Atlantic Blue (similar to Grabber Blue) SN95 that's really good looking. It started life as a V6, but now has a LSX in it haha. I actually saw a really similar car to yours when I was looking (white vert with a SC on it), but I really wanted a hard top.

Dang man. How much did you pay? Ones with low miles like yours I saw for close to 20k.

I love BAB (bright atlantic blue). I had a 94 GT in that color and when I was searching for a Cobra, that was #1 on my list but they are hard to find. I was a couple weeks too late to get it! UGH! Though, it was stock and I wanted an SC already on it since the cost to buy one is a few grand and if it was already there it was no added cost. I considered going the BAB route for this one, but if I am going to repaint, I want something different.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Should I get upper and lower rear control arms? I definitely need help with traction. That would put off the paint a lot longer... but would drive better.

Shit. I hate decisions like this.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Ordering upper and lower control arms.

Balt21

Ready to race!
Dang man. How much did you pay? Ones with low miles like yours I saw for close to 20k.

I love BAB (bright atlantic blue). I had a 94 GT in that color and when I was searching for a Cobra, that was #1 on my list but they are hard to find. I was a couple weeks too late to get it! UGH! Though, it was stock and I wanted an SC already on it since the cost to buy one is a few grand and if it was already there it was no added cost. I considered going the BAB route for this one, but if I am going to repaint, I want something different.
It was right around $11,500 before tax. I was actually looking for a pre modded car as well, with at least bolt ons to save money. This car was just really clean, low miles, and a color I wanted, so I went with it. I'm really glad I did and now I can build it the way I want, it'll just cost a little more in the end haha.
Should I get upper and lower rear control arms? I definitely need help with traction. That would put off the paint a lot longer... but would drive better.

Shit. I hate decisions like this.

Ordering upper and lower control arms.
Which ones did you end up going with? I keep going back and forth with what I want to do suspension wise. I'm currently leaning towards coilovers in the front, probably Maximum Motorsports since they seem to be good quality with the least amount of complaints with noise and what not. I'm still not sure if I want to do coilovers in the back or just do a spring with Bilstein/Koni shocks and an adjustable LCA to get the height I want. The LCA will also help with traction like you said.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
i remember back in elementary school in 2002, when i used to wait for the bus, theres this one guy in a 1998 (that gen) with dark green, floors passes us and stops at the light, he kinda floors it then stops at the light as i saw it almost every morning, i loved that sound, its rumbly with some rushing note to it, now i wonder if thats how neek's car sounds like.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
It was right around $11,500 before tax. I was actually looking for a pre modded car as well, with at least bolt ons to save money. This car was just really clean, low miles, and a color I wanted, so I went with it. I'm really glad I did and now I can build it the way I want, it'll just cost a little more in the end haha.

Which ones did you end up going with? I keep going back and forth with what I want to do suspension wise. I'm currently leaning towards coilovers in the front, probably Maximum Motorsports since they seem to be good quality with the least amount of complaints with noise and what not. I'm still not sure if I want to do coilovers in the back or just do a spring with Bilstein/Koni shocks and an adjustable LCA to get the height I want. The LCA will also help with traction like you said.

These ones. Upper and lowers for an insane price!

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com...-Tubular-Rear-Upper-And-Lower-Control-Arm-Kit

Sale ends today though!!!