GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Rant-About-Work Thread.

blankwavercade

Ready to race!
I may be one of the few people on this forum that absolutely loves their job... minus the days im here from 9am-11:30pm. But with the atmosphere at this place it doesn't matter.

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
I don't mind my full time job, but just had an office meeting with the boss and all the other managers (small company). Sadly, most of us managers feel like the boss just let our ideas and comments go in one ear and out the other. We are a web-based company, and sadly, our website, in some aspects, feels broken. Unfortunately, we have proposed fixes that are cost effective and would benefit, but his response is always "I will take it under advisement." Very frustrating because I am on the Customer Support side and get to hear the issues and can't give a proper response back to the customers all the time. :mad0259:

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Haha it's funny I know a lot of guys (including me) used to make playful jokes about girls being hard workers and book smart in college and high school while touting our knack for cleverness and outside the box thinking. Who would have known that down the road hard working book smarts landed the higher paying jobs.

Haha I hear you on this one. My girlfriend definitely fits that mold perfectly and she makes about 30% more than me. Doesn't really bother me any though, I like paying for things sometimes, as I can be a bit traditional, but she always finds ways to help me out without making me feel like I should be making more. I still wish I was making more though.

Shini

Go Kart Champion
Honda has been excellent to me and I have NO complaints about it whatsoever. Golden handcuffs is a term often used here, much like you would hear in a government position. GREAT benefits and much room to move upwards based on either skill or management. They've been around for years and are not going anywhere soon. Was it the best decision? Yes. Was it what I wanted? For skill set....probably not. But overall I think the decision to stay will be one with No regrets.

Same here with AT&T. If you get into the right divisions/areas of the company it's a great place to work and hard to leave with its awesome pay, benefits, etc. Some of the lower end CS jobs have high turn over, but where I'm at, it's really nice, and it only gets better as you go up, so that's what I'm trying to do. I make a very good salary, with commission on top of it, but my Fiance has been bugging me to go back to school, but the only thing I'd want to go back for would be to get Cert's, or some kind of degree involving networking/IT, and those jobs start out at less than what I make now, potentially more if I get on with a big company. AT&T will pay my way of course which is nice, and I'd have a nice chance at just moving within the company to do that, but it sounds like a lot of work, and I'm somewhat happy where I'm at...Golden handcuffs is a great term haha.

Only problem I have is that I still have to handle the random customer or two when they call in, but most of my job is just sales for small business clients, and what sucks is training is ~3 months long for the jerb, and you learn liberally about 20% of it in the training, the rest is on the job, and with what we do, 1 mistake can bring somoene down, and thats where the job gets frustrating. Beacuse you'll have someone take down a business internet, or phone lines, and what sucks is, it takes an order ~1-2 days to go through, the customer has no idea there's a pending bomb on their account, then it hits, and they're shocked it takes another ~1-2 days to get it back up, and I try to explain, even the disconnect took days of lead time to go through, but no one ever understands it, which I can understand because they're white hot with rage, but still! :( Everyone just thinks OH YAH TAKES YOU 5 MINUTES TO SCREW UP BUT 2 DAYS TO FIX IT HAH THATS ATT FOR YOU. I'll never understand how some people come to hate AT&T so much, a lot of the time whatever issue they've had/have with us, is their own doing. It boggles my mind.

It's pretty nice right now especially though because we're slow, so you get to kind of just sit around and chillax and read golfmk6 most of the day :)

I think if people just knew more about the inner workings on how stuff is done, they'ed understand more, but then again, all that information is suppose to be secure proprietary info anyway so /sigh.

Other than that, job is great. Helping people grow their business in this economy is a fun and rewarding thing to do...But then there's the reverse of it which sucks :p

Also, whoever was hating on CITRIX, for shame. I love Citrix, never had a problem with it up here. :)

Heck, my dad is the medical director of the hospital here, and I remember when I had my OG Atrix 4G on my laptop dock he logged into their CITRIX and was able to pull patient charts and everyhing on the fly from my phone at his house, pretty cool shtuff.

Last edited: