GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W6050 only this thread

MastaG

Hey, does anyone know why my unit keeps trying to open another feature such bluetooth or AUX each time I exit out of a function such as GPS, DVD, etc. instead of just going straight back to the main menu? Its kind of annoying to get to the Bluetooth screen and then exiting out of there to get to the main menu.

Oskar

Ready to race!
please oskar i wanna ask a q plz
what should we do to get the buttons functioning this way , i mean the steering wheel?
do we have to get the new versions of devices? or we can get the canbus only? i mean they well configure the canbus only and make it for sale? or and do we have to do any software or firmware update?

thaks

Hi, We thought they were going to be able to provide the firmware/Canbus updates to make it happen but as of early this morning I found out that they cannot. I can get the New Canbus and they say that with the new Canbus it will work like the video but that they don't believe thge average customer will be able to install the new Canbus. (Probably not true for at least a few members here)

Oskar

Ready to race!
Lots of hope dashed , but never mind, there is still hope. I would ask you to push them for details/cost ect on the Canbus upgrade which they claim they can supply at a cost as you have customers, this would then give us an insight to what they have done,
What do you think ?

Hi Jayro

I have a price and access to the new Canbus. They are asking 46$ for them plus shipping cost. But as I said, probably not everyone will be able to install it.

FJ_Steve

Age shall not weary him
Night shift, should still be able to make it - I'll just be a grumpy sh!t.
So...no change then? :iono:

timj

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 GTI
I'm gunna pull the dash apart again in a while, might take the opertunity to get some photos of the motherboard in the unit, will only take an extra few minutes so will post piccies later.

All this just because I forgot to connect up the mic cable the other day, sigh!

@Oskar, mate how do we arrange to grab a new canbus connector/what ever it is ? Can you just PM me your Paypal details and get them to drop-ship to Western Australia ?

Cheers

Tim

dr_ehabatif

Passed Driver's Ed
hi guys
thanks for the help in advance

my as7301 will be shipped today and i watched the video of the new proposed canbus interface and i would like to sell mine as new in box before i install it and wait for the new one and i need ur help in making such decision in answering afew questions:

what is ment by the new canbus and how it is installed ? is it just plug and play like the one that comes with our devices? or will iy be more advanced?

i dont know really how is the condition of the steering wheel buttons with our current devices as in the video of the new canbus interface all are working perfectlyhow is the condition with the current? does the mute button work? can i answer or rejet a acall with the phone button? can i us the steering wheel phone button to turn on the phone in the device while listening to cd or radio for example?

importantly when i m listening to radio can i change the channels or frequancies with the steering wheel buttons. and when i m listening to cd can i change the track or fast or rewind the current song with the steering wheel buttons?

i know that the mfd doesnt show the track name or the radio chanel ? what is its condition with the phone?

can i switch between aux, dvd, radio etc using the steering wheel button?

i need ur help in these issues please and i guss it will be very helpfull for many others making their decision

ur soon reply will be much appreciated guys
thanks

bazzle

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MY08 R32 Silver 3dr
Well, I have bad news. xxxxxx
I can only apologize for this understanding. I am really bummed out about it. I got everyones hopes up and it turns out to be a language misunderstanding. I am very Sorry.

Oskar... many thanks for trying. Im sure you will be the 1st to know if there is an update and to let us know:thumbsup:

Cheers Bazzle

bazzle

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MY08 R32 Silver 3dr
Hi all i am really keen on this head unit but haven't got time to sit and read if anyone in Australia has got it so just wanted to know has anyone in Australia got this? also if you are in Adelaide and got it in your car can you let me know. Are the people that have it in their car happy with this model? let me know thanks.

Mate.... its worth the 20mins read time. You will not need to see the unit.. take my word for it :thumbsup:

One post and I doubt youll get to many replies:lol:

pm Oskar for a price etc:wink:

Bazzle

buckets

Ready to race!
Hi all i am really keen on this head unit but haven't got time to sit and read if anyone in Australia has got it so just wanted to know has anyone in Australia got this? also if you are in Adelaide and got it in your car can you let me know. Are the people that have it in their car happy with this model? let me know thanks.

I spent the time to read ALL the posts, saw one in the flesh (thanks again Bazzle) and decided to drop some coin. Having said that my advice to you would be the same as anyone else's.....spend the time. This unit may not be what you are after. The last thing you want to do is spend $$$$ and then find it's not for you.
And Oskar (Joe) is definitely the man to pm. Very friendly and helpful.

Craig

kv12

Ready to race!
I can only apologize for this understanding. I am really bummed out about it. I got everyones hopes up and it turns out to be a language misunderstanding. I am very Sorry.

It's alright, thanks for the effort. I am sure it's a matter of time our fellow coders like Ylian may find a clue as to how to update this unit. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I don't know if it's any help, But I have this TV tuner I use to convert an old LCD into a TV and I believe it may share a similar backend software/component as the WD6050. I am picking at straws here, but I took some pics of the TV tuner's interface (The mute icons, and the display fonts on the interface)

The website of the TV tuner manufacture. Any ideas which software it may use? it could be a tiny piece of the puzzle.
http://www.qiangshikj.com/e_Product0041.htm

Jayro

Old Newbie
The New Canbus Interface

Oskar, $46 dollars is reasonable, as long as they dont go stupid on the post.
1st though, would be to get the fit instructions and then we will know what is involved before ordering.
To the guys that are looking for CanBus Interfaces, they are starting to appear thick and fast here. Some links to what is available. :-
http://www.celsusice.co.uk/product_details.aspx?product_code=TBT2000

http://www.bridgwater-electronics.c...urce=adwords&gclid=CPLUv9fjtpgCFUoa3godEip4ZA

http://www.powernetshop.at/adapter/can-bus-interface/vw-volkswagen/index.html
That is a few, and the one I had in mind I cant find at the moment but I will post it soon as.
and here it is :- http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/ctsvw002-canbus-steering-control-adaptor-p-6248.html

Last edited: