GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Custom parts interest

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI

Dogbone bushing and TSI intake plz!
I started thinking about how to elongate the MAF cable for the TSI. If the wires were made long enough it could be routed through the raintray and out through the noisepipe opening for a clean look.

lslugz

1/1 MexiCAN
def interested in the intake :thumbsup:

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Dogbone bushing and TSI intake plz!
I started thinking about how to elongate the MAF cable for the TSI. If the wires were made long enough it could be routed through the raintray and out through the noisepipe opening for a clean look.

Already figured that one out- Custom extension harness already made so no wires have to be cut of spliced. That one took alot of research and the connectors are not cheap (harness itself costs me $90 in parts)

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Go figure, damn VW and their expensive OEM parts ><

Looks like I need to start looking into getting a custom w/m tank setup where the BSH air scoop tray currently sits, that and find a new mounting point for the distro block.

Damn you Terry I just got this ish all setup the way I wanted and soon Im going to have to redo everyting :D

Car(s)
Subaru
eurocars, would you be able to do a dv relocation kit? im wantingt to keep using the rev d. im still using the noise pipe, but if i was able to just use that to cut cost, id do that. deleting it isnt a problem either.

Tutti57

Ready to race!
Very cool stuff. What have you Ben charging for the intake? Curious if a throttle pipe with meth bungs or throttle plate would be worth your time?

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Havent made a tsi intake yet so I dont have a cost breakdown, but the fsi intake costs somewhere in the mid 300s depending on parts I use (airflow straightener, recirc bung, etc). Looked into making a tsi tb pipe and overflow globe delete pipe today. Took some measurements, should have a prototype within the next month or so

GTIRaider

Go Kart Champion
Looks like good stuff. I only ask what'sthe benefits of your stud kit?

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
No more potential for the bolts that hold the hpfp down to strip out the housing that it bolts to. The housing is a few hundred bucks and there's potential for it to be damaged every time the hpfp comes on and off, aka when checking or changing cam followers. Cheap insurance to stud the housing.

trialerror00

Ready to race!
Car(s)
k04 GTI & watermeth
Interested in a strut tower brace, as long as it would fit with an aftermarket intake (driver side) with maf sensor installed. Your sh*t looks really nice!

Do you know why divorce is so expensive? Because it's worth it! Sent from iPhone 5

thechromecoyote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
No more potential for the bolts that hold the hpfp down to strip out the housing that it bolts to. The housing is a few hundred bucks and there's potential for it to be damaged every time the hpfp comes on and off, aka when checking or changing cam followers. Cheap insurance to stud the housing.

From personal experience; trusted a tech to replace cam follower bc in the winter I couldn't deal with doing it in 0 degree weather. Found out when I did my k04 swap, and wanted to refresh the cam follower, that he stripped two of the holes in the housing.

The replacement housing from the golf R FSI engine cost $550 and of course the labor if you don't do it yourself.

Needless to say I installed one of these stud kits from jump with the new housing.

Car(s)
Subaru
Is the stud kit just a simple install? No drilling out the holes I take it?

yep.... just take out the three bolts and replace it with the studs. i will say, the rubber hose makes it hard to do. when i finally remember to buy another bolt for my studs, i might either make that hose longer or replace that stupid spring clamp thing with a screw type clamp. i havent decided yet. but take that into account