GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W6050 only this thread

bazzle

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MY08 R32 Silver 3dr
been looking at the site and whats the best way to grab one of these? send an email and hook up purchase from there??? I couldnt find any sort of purchase function...

HAs anyone got a night time pic? interested to see how it lights up and if it matches rest of the lighting...

also what was the overall cost in the end inc. shipped etc???

Anyone got one in Brisbane or looking at one??? might need install help LOL...

Contact; http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/member.php?u=26127 Oskar

Bazzle

Last edited:

bazzle

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MY08 R32 Silver 3dr
Looking for a way to increase the screen brightness if anyone figures it out. Seems during the daytime its tough to see the screen at the brightest setting. And I drive around with my lights on making it even harder since the screen auto-dims. Any way around this? At night it's perfect... but needs to be much brighter during the daytime

Might have to remove the lead that goes to light sw dimmer wire and put it thru a switch for night dim?

Bazzle

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
My 2006 GTI has the factory MFD2 unit with the CD stacker in the centre console. The unit itself is OK but the SatNav "Whereis" software has always been, IMHO, sh#thouse.

If it were possible, I wouldn't mind replacing the whole head-unit with the W6050.

I would need to be sure that it would "easily" interface with the factory "stacker" and, for that matter, the factory "roof mounted" aerial.

I know that I would loose the SatNav/CD/radio display for the "highline" unit but that doesn't really bother me.

Any opinions most welcome.

warhead

Passed Driver's Ed
For those that have the unit already and are experiencing glare, perhaps a product like this would help?

Feedback from the seller are a bit mixed on the effectiveness of this product, varying from working great to having no effect.

There's another place called Power Support which sells anti-glare film for Apple products. They seem to be out of stock on their smallest size though (12") but a 14 or 15" cut into two ought to give you two sheets that would fit the WD6050, but they're quite pricey compared to the ebay alternative.

Anyone out there keen to give either of these suggestions a try and offer some feedback?

MoparShaha

Ready to race!
GTIMKV20, can you comment on how OEM the materials are? Does the black surround of the unit match the color and texture of the dash?

Thanks.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
Its a very close match and it lines up well. A little dash cleaner and I bet it'll be dead on. But since it's literally 2 degrees F outside, I will not be dash cleaning for sometime... It looks amazing in the car, don't hesitate on the color or quality!

1canuck2

Ready to race!
Does it have line level out? That would be the sweetest, cos then if you want to amp it externally, you could. Not a deal breaker, but it would be sweet...

iampivot

Does it only play MP3 files, or also WMA and ACC? I'd assume WMA is supported, but maybe not ACC, which is what iTunes uses natively.

Panman

Frequent Modder
Does anyone else have "NAVI" constantly appearing on the screen in yellow (top right)?

Hmm, can't seem to find a way to turn that off.

soze

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Something Else
Does anyone else have "NAVI" constantly appearing on the screen in yellow (top right)?

:lol: I finally figured out what that was. It's the top right button next to the eject button.

MoparShaha

Ready to race!
Its a very close match and it lines up well. A little dash cleaner and I bet it'll be dead on. But since it's literally 2 degrees F outside, I will not be dash cleaning for sometime... It looks amazing in the car, don't hesitate on the color or quality!

Cool, that's good to know. I'm on the verge of ordering it.

mrx

Connoisseur
Car(s)
2007 CW Golf GTI 5dr

:lol: I finally figured out what that was. It's the top right button next to the eject button.

While that's on you can adjust the volume of the satnav, with that off it adjusts the volume of whatever other source you're listening to.

mrx

Connoisseur
Car(s)
2007 CW Golf GTI 5dr
For those that have the unit already and are experiencing glare, perhaps a product like this would help?

Feedback from the seller are a bit mixed on the effectiveness of this product, varying from working great to having no effect.

There's another place called Power Support which sells anti-glare film for Apple products. They seem to be out of stock on their smallest size though (12") but a 14 or 15" cut into two ought to give you two sheets that would fit the WD6050, but they're quite pricey compared to the ebay alternative.

Anyone out there keen to give either of these suggestions a try and offer some feedback?

I've ordered one of the ebay ones - let's see how it goes...