GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W6050 only this thread

iampivot

Can some of you who's installed this unit, or will be installing it, do a re-review of the unit here in a month? I'd like to get some feedback after some extended use. Usually any quirks show up only after a while..

tinto

bitch please
Car(s)
2009 Pirelli GTI
I've ordered one of the ebay ones - let's see how it goes...
You don't mess about. I'm looking forward to seeing this in person.

Is TOMTOM the Aus nav, or iGO?
Do either of them work with addresses in your phone's contact list?
eg 'navigate to...' (is phone book/contact an option along with address, intersection etx)?
TomTom does that on my N95 - has made getting to my parent's house easier after it has directed me along o'brien road :wink:

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
Very interested if the glare reduction film works at all... I actually found the button on the remote that says "pic" and then you can turn the screen up from 10 (default) to 20 (brightest) ... it didn't make all that much difference during the day but it's better. Again most of my problem is I drive around with my lights on since no one seems to see me here in the city... can't tell you how many people pull right out in front of me when I have no lights on. I hated the DRLs though... lol

Now its time to rock some snowboard videos on this unit on the way up to the mountains! whoohoo!

BarneyBoy

...and it's only a 1.4?
Car(s)
Mk5 Golf GT
Again most of my problem is I drive around with my lights on since no one seems to see me here in the city... can't tell you how many people pull right out in front of me when I have no lights on.

That's the downside to owning a dark car (other than cleaning).

My last car was dark grey, and I was always aware that it became the same colour as bitumen to oncoming cars on the open road. Anyhow - back on topic :threadjacked:

mrx

Connoisseur
Car(s)
2007 CW Golf GTI 5dr
You don't mess about. I'm looking forward to seeing this in person.

Is TOMTOM the Aus nav, or iGO?
Do either of them work with addresses in your phone's contact list?
eg 'navigate to...' (is phone book/contact an option along with address, intersection etx)?
TomTom does that on my N95 - has made getting to my parent's house easier after it has directed me along o'brien road :wink:

The $12 or whatever it cost is hardly going to break the bank if it turns out to be no good, I took a much bigger risk by forking out $700 for the unit in the first place.

The unit will run whatever nav software you put on the SD card that is compatible with Windows CE 5.0 Mine was supplied with Tomtom 6, but I'm now using iGO 8. It doesn't look like there is any phone integration with the GPS software.

I don't live that far away from Leederville if you wanted to check out the unit one lunch time or whatever - PM me.

mrx

Connoisseur
Car(s)
2007 CW Golf GTI 5dr
Does it only play MP3 files, or also WMA and ACC? I'd assume WMA is supported, but maybe not ACC, which is what iTunes uses natively.

Don't know, all my stuff is in MP3's. After having compatability issues between Vista Media Centre & iPod I decided to stick to mp3's - something that everything is able to play (except 18 month old VW car stereos! :thumbdown:)

gh172

Ready to race!
Mine was supplied with Tomtom 6, but I'm now using iGO 8. It doesn't look like there is any phone integration with the GPS software.

Where did you get the igo 8 from and is it better than the tom tom software?

bazzle

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MY08 R32 Silver 3dr
Mines turned up 10mins ago, 2.5 days from Hong Kong.

Will start install tonight with pix hopefully.

They never did confirm Paypal payment, just sent an DHL tracking number 2 days later

Bazzle

Big Yellow

I'm Big and i'm Yellow!
Car(s)
MY09 VW Golf R32 DSG
Mines turned up 10mins ago, 2.5 days from Hong Kong.

Will start install tonight with pix hopefully.

They never did confirm Paypal payment, just sent an DHL tracking number 2 days later

Bazzle
Baz u coming on the drive on Sunday??

i wanna see i wanna see!!

faisan

Ready to race!
I bought the film as well. Hopefully it will make a difference.

I wonder if the factory Nav units suffer from glare as well?

warhead

Passed Driver's Ed
It's been 3 days since I placed my paypal order, haven't heard anything from them yet.

Sent them a follow up email, no reply yet.

kv12

Ready to race!
I placed my order this afternoon. I haven't heard any replies yet.
According to Fish Lee Waywell they are on vacation on Jan 19th through Feb 2nd. So They should be sending out thier shipments by then, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

faisan

Ready to race!
I placed my order this afternoon. I haven't heard any replies yet.
According to Fish Lee Waywell they are on vacation on Jan 19th through Feb 2nd. So They should be sending out thier shipments by then, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

They would be on break for Chinese New Year.