GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W6050 only this thread

kv12

Ready to race!
The second revision of my GJskin based theme is Released for iGO8 (R3)

Main features.
-High Contrast Day theme
-RNS510 themed Loading screen
-RNS510 themed Cursor 2D and 3D
-English Speed camera voices included in this release so you don't have to search for it. (So no more annoying beeps)
-Tweeks here and there for a better look and performance.

I have included 2 places at where you can download them at.

Download from Mediafire

Download from Rapidshare

Last edited:

Tiguan

No sound from DVD and CD

Hi all,

Suddenly I have no sound anymore when playing a DVD or CD in my Waywell WD6050 unit.
Sound from radio, navigation and bluetooth are still OK.
I did already reset my unit, but no result. I have checked all audio settings, but could not find something that has to do with this problem. (for example DVD is not in Dolby 5.1 mode). DVD shows video and all features still work. CD shows track list and all functions are working. But NO sound. In case you put the volume wide open you will hear a little sound far away.
Has someone an idea what the problem is ?
Thanks in advance.

debuch

Hi guys in Australia, Navteq have released the maps for V 8.3.xxxx Link here for Prog and Maps
]http://www.gpsunderground.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6062

Hi from a fellow scot now living in Australia, I downloaded the 8.3 version of igo on to my sd card, it then came up with the message " initialization error, no language found ". I have very little experience in these matters and would appreciate easy to follow instructions on how to update from my 8.0 version to the 8.3.
Thanks in advance

kv12

Ready to race!
Hi from a fellow scot now living in Australia, I downloaded the 8.3 version of igo on to my sd card, it then came up with the message " initialization error, no language found ". I have very little experience in these matters and would appreciate easy to follow instructions on how to update from my 8.0 version to the 8.3.
Thanks in advance

Make sure you have the language files as well.

Jayro

Old Newbie
For debuch

Hi, dont worry you are on the right track. what you have done is download the program shell, you now have to find the content and download it, and add it in to your program. (a little further back in this post is a schematic by kv12 which is very helpfull) plus you will have to download the newly released maps for Aus, and add them in.
I have to go work now and wont be home till late, so if you still have probs PM me and I will see what I can do, in the mean time download what you need using the links above. Perhaps some one can jump in and help here as my time is squashed for the next 3 days.

mrx

Connoisseur
Car(s)
2007 CW Golf GTI 5dr
Debuch, you can copy the language, TTS & POI files from the old version to the new. Then you just need to download and copy the new maps appropriate for version 8.3 to your SD card, if you haven't already.

debuch

Debuch, you can copy the language, TTS & POI files from the old version to the new. Then you just need to download and copy the new maps appropriate for version 8.3 to your SD card, if you haven't already.
Thanks for that quick reply, can you tell me where the language file is

mrx

Connoisseur
Car(s)
2007 CW Golf GTI 5dr
Thanks for that quick reply, can you tell me where the language file is

Just copy the entire "voice", "POI", & "lang" folders, which are in the "content" folder, from the old version to the new version. Then you just need the new maps (which will need to go into the "dem" & "map" folders within the "content" folder).

kv12 was kind enough to post a picture of the directory structure with explanations here:

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1517926&postcount=151

RedGTI34

Passed Driver's Ed
Am I really the only one having this problem? :)

Does anyone else notice that their trip computer resets every time you turn the car off and on? Also, I set the building visibility and then it reset to off when I turn my car on again...could it be because my navigation is starting up every time I turn my car on? Is there a way to change this? Does anyone else have this problem? thanks!

Ylian

Passed Driver's Ed
Am I really the only one having this problem? :)

I don't get the building visibility problem. I don't know about the trip computer but in general my iGO8r3 keeps the settings ok. iGO needs to be able to write files on the SD card in the "igo8/save" folder. Just check that there are plenty of files present and your SD card read only switch is not on.

Y

Jayro

Old Newbie
For graigG

I have said in earlier posts that sharkfin antennas are absolutely useless on FM. I purchased one when my Passat whip antenna failed due to water ingress. It was useless, bought a new whip and base and hey presto back to business.

Jayro

Old Newbie
For whoyea

Your switch lights are activated over the Can Bus along with the screen dimming. Does your screen dim when you switch the lights on ?
If it does, that then says the canbus signal is getting through, if not then that is your likely culprit.
Some guys have had poor soldering in the connector adapter, so, look here 1st, it might be that can + or can - has a poor solder joint.